Is it ok to hug or kiss on the first date??

This guy asked me to hang out with him after school next week.he's really shy and not perverted.im 14 and he's 16 I know kissing on the lips is out of the question on a first date but what about a hug or holding hands or is that coming on to strong.but I want him to know I'm into him

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever you feel comfortable with is fine. If you want a more specific suggestion, try a hug or something. Holding their hand certainly isn't being too forward, but I've just always felt it was something done by two people who care about each other, rather than two people who just met.

I'm trying to remember what grade a 14yo would be in. Hm. 8th? 7th? *shrug* Just be careful. Go somewhere public. I'm sure I'm being paranoid, but I don't know either of you. As for letting him know you're into him, you do that by agreeing to hang with him and agreeing to go on a second date. Don't think that (especially at your age) you have to do anything physical to get his attention. If that's what he wants, you don't want him.

I don't mean to be condescending by mentioning your age, but it's certainly a factor. I've known far too many teen mothers to look past it. ;o Good luck.

• Thanks =) and I agree about there being to many teen mothers

What Guys Said 1

• im 16, and where I'm from, not just the boys, but the girls too, expect kissing(on the lips, toungs and all) touching, and flirtin, even if we just met the person wer up 4 it like.

What Girls Said 4

• A hug is fine, sometimes letting him know you're into him is with words. "Hey, I'm into you" goes quite a long way, and it can open up a shy guy to a lot. Even shy guys sometimes give in and tell you they like you ~even in something as stupid as the internet~ and then after that step is over, feel free to kiss him.

• Its ok I guess. But you are really young! Take it slow and do not rush things. You will have way more awesome times to be remembered. Or- you can just feel like you are going through the motions. I think- you should do whatever you feel at the moment. Spontaneity is always the best bet because the way you feel should inhibit what you do, never the other way around!

• deff hug and hold hands! he might think you're not interested if you don't even hug him!

• holding hands works but only if its not forced. =]