Would you date or think of marriage with a guy that didn't make much and was broke.

But he treats you as best as he can, and supports you in everything you do. And he is good looking. Even works on your car to show he cares about you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know...it really depends. I think my answer would be no, because in all honesty...love does NOT pay the bills. Financial problems are the number one reason for divorce. So for me I would feel that it would be tiring for me. It would suck after a year or two of busting my ass at work and feeling as though my partner coudn't relate. I would feel like we wouldn't be on the same level. I've been in a few relationships like this and I vowed never again. I am fairly independent and I alway ended up feeling like a mother instead of a girlfriend. I just couldn't do it. I would feel like I was settling, but that is just me.

Now if you are making a lot of money where his non existant income would never be a problem and you have no problem supporting both of you then that may be different. I know this couple that have there roles reversed. His wife is VP for this company and her hubby has no job. Although, he always has fresh meals prepared when she comes home, the house cleaned, renovated the entire house (which is beautiful), and in his free time does repairs on buildings that they own. She makes a good deal of money so they are well off. So if your financial situation is like that, then whatever floats your boat.

What Guys Said 1

• sure as hell probably trumps...getting abused knocked up and left hurt living with a druggie having a guy who is in jail or a guy that treats the kids bad or that cheats on you or is rich but always puts his work first.

As long as the guy is not a bum then he sounds good. But hard work pays off...if he is really such a good guy eventually he will do alright.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes definitely. Money is not even an issue for me, as long as I'm in love and he loves me, that's all that should matter.

• Yes I would as long as I never felt like he expected money from me or for me to support him.

• Yes yes I would

• it depends. if BROKE and DOESNT MAKE MUCH is only a temporary transitional period because he has ambitions, goals and plans to have a better lifestyle, then yes I would date him. I understand that people fall on hard times or are making sacrifices to get to where they want to be later...but if he is just lazy, unmotivated, broke and happy with being broke then no we can't date. I have to be honest it wouldn't be my ideal boyfriend but I would date a broke guy only if he was a Really Really good guy. As far as MARRIAGE, I wouldn't want to marry someone until BOTH of our finances were in order.

(((I WROTE THE ABOVE BEFORE I READ YOUR QUESTION DETAILS)))

In your case, this man either really really really likes you or even loves you. in that case I think he is a keeper, broke isn't a permanent life position. you never know what he could do 3 years from now so I would stick with the guy who does considerate things to show he cares because that is rare in a man. Just as long as he doesn't start doing stuff like expecting money or for you to take care of him its cool

• No doubt about it! That kind of love and treatment is hard to find. Money is everywhere.

I would rather live in a dump and be happy, then well off and miserable :)