Why do girls aim to get stick thin thighs!

I find it a huge turn off, so many girls seem to be aiming to get thin thighs for the gap between it. why? what is the big deal about the gap between there... I hate it

Thick thighs are hot, I wish more women had them

Really thin thighs are also linked to heart disease link

Most Helpful Girl

• Some women can't think for themselves. Some women need to listen to the media, follow trends and celebrities in an effort to feel somewhat accepted by society. What they fail to understand is that they are letting themselves be controlled because they don't know how to stand up to the "norms" and be themselves, they are scared. It is so sad that the world has made the media such a determining factor as to what is acceptable and beautiful.

What Girls Said 22

• Gaps are attractive and mean the person is thin. I don't like that my thighs or legs are muscular and touch(although they don't rub thank goodness), I don't like that they aren't thin/small.

I can think for myself, it isn't about the media, it isn't about starving myself(which I don't do by the way), it isn't about wanting to get attention from guys, it isn't about wanting to look like a model, it isn't about societys standards, it's about what I want, I couldn't give a damn if a couple of people like "thick thighs" because that's not what I want.

Yes, I want to be thin, I'm 5'3 and 124, I wish I was around 95 or 100 lbs, because that's how I want to look, it isn't about you or any other guy or girl, it's about me and my desire to look that way. As long as I do it in a healthy(who gives a fudge if I don't anyways), then it's none of your business or concern. I am SO beyond sick and tired of the judgmental girls and guys on here who think it's their place to act like the social police or act as peoples doctors and tell me how much I should weigh.

• Seriously, a thumbs down after giving a complete answer? Nice, don't ask questions if you can't handle opposing opinions.

• Gaps are unattractive, I say

• I'm clearly not making life decisions for you or any other pro-fat dude on GaG

• It's more about the feeling of your thighs rubbing together...or at least it was for me. Most women have cellulite(I was lucky and just had 3 spots, not bad at all) when they have big thighs. Plus, clothes look better on you. That's up to the designer though. A slimmer body is more versatile as far as fashion goes.

And it's up to the guy too. A girl doesn't mind being bigger, as long as their guy is bigger than them. It makes us feel womanly to be smaller than the man, because that's what society says is acceptable.

• "It makes us feel womanly to be smaller than the man, because that's what society says is acceptable." VEEEEERRRRYYYY true, lol.

• I can't really criticize that though, because I believe that too. I do feel more womanly around bigger guys, I mean not fat, but you get my drift.

• I like my thighs thick. If there was a huge space in-between them, I could easily be rapped.

• LOL

you spelt that wrong by the way :P there's only one "p"

• This had me dying laughing!

• lol wow that's a new one! So you can squeeze your thighs together if they are thick enough to prevent penetration? Interesting :) I think that can be nicely integrated into kink!

• my crazy psychotic mother, aunt, the media and the whole society - but if you have a good head on your shoulders you don't listen to them but look at yourself and I mean really look at yourself and you will realize hey I like the way I look then all is well!

I remember my aunt telling me as this really, really and I mean skinny - nothing but skin and bones girl was passing by and she had a huge gap between her legs - look that is how a girl should look like - I just told her I like my thighs so leave me alone - I am not obese or fat but I have a figure of a western woman so with that come thighs, butt and a belly dancing figure and according to my aunt and my mother - this is ugly but I love me so whatever!

And you should check out Myriam Fares videos on youtube she is the epitome of what a real woman should look like - she is a Lebanese singer!

• yeah she seems a little thicker than what a lot of girls aim for, so much better.

• I've never had control over how thick or thin my thighs were, it just happened to be that I am more on the skinny side then other people. There is nothing worse than people who assume that the reason someone is skinny is because they starve themselves or do it on purpose. Some girls are just born that way. All this media hype about how gross it is to be skinny and how much better it is to have more meat on you makes me feel like crap, because I know people assume I don't eat properly and they judge me for that, all because of that. I can't help it, as I'm sure most women cant. No two people are going to look the same, not all women will have big thighs, not all women will have small, but they are made the way they are and can choose to look however they want. I honestly don't care, but it really gets to me me when people say its better to look a certain way, especially when its impossible for you.

• im sorry, I really meant this question really for girls who do starve themselves to get skinny thighs when they naturally shouldn't, I just am disgusted by the idea of some going to extremes to achieve something that doesn't fit their body. if you naturally thin that's different

• I got some thick thighs baby. (Y) I don't think you'd be able to handle this though. Lol

• Okay ha ha I'll speak on behalf of the media because I'm a model. The reason I have thin thighs is because models have to meet certain measurements. Same reason why were all so tall! I'm 5"9 and as a runway model my thigh measurements have to be between 16 and 18 inches. Why? Because clothes fit better on models that are skinny. Sorry if this is politically correct to say but they do. Wrap dresses and see through chiffon shirts look totally differen if a 5"4 200lbs girl is wearing them. Not to mention designers are aiming their clothes to their clientele. The ony people that can afford their clothes are rich celebrities with personal trainers. So of course, why would designers chose fat models when their clientele aren't fat? This is why I choose to have thin legs. Sure if I become 25+ and decide to have kids I'll thiken up a little but at the moment I'm happy, and I'm doing my job :) sorry if you guys think I'm an idiot but I'm getting sick if girls telling me I'm anorexic :P

• Ugh I hate it! Sorry haha, but to be honest, I have thick thighs, I love the way they look but I HATE the feeling when they rub against each other every time I walk. *squish squish squish* ew. If I had a gap, then I'll be happy and squish free. Same with the butt.

• thats a shame...

• do you have thick thighs? 1st try it and see if you like it then tell me. I don't want like a extreme gap but something to separate them from bruising.

• one thing that I have heard with a lot of girls without that gap is that when it gets hot, the top of their thighs rub together and chafe, not exactly sexy. and its probably really painful too.

• Ha cause they want to look like models duh! lol I think its crazy I love having sexy curvy legs

:)

• since when were models hot though? they are stick thin and gross

• i never understood that though, are they trying to look attractive to other girls since htey are all aiming for that and guys don't think its hot. I know I dont

• girls claim its for the guys and how they make the girl feel but its really for other girls to be envious

• Thin is in. A gap between your thighs really says that.

• r you bi? this is not in.

• What? That makes no sense. And yeah, being thin is the ideal body type right now.

• It's because the media tells us we aren't "hot,sexy beautiful..etc" if we don't have that model body. Plus, some people are jerks and make comments if your thighs are on the thick side.

• Because the media portrays thin women as the only attractive women. Personally, I find thin, average and slightly chubby women attractive.

• I have thick thighs and I don't like them just because it's uncomfortable to wear shorts sometimes because of it. I like having thick thighs, I just wish they weren't quite as thick. Most girls don't like being called thick because they think it means their fat because of the media and some of the rude, jealous skinny girls.

• So eithere agree with you and say girls with thin thighes are ugly and half starved...or we disagree with you by saying thick thighes are just bulky..Either way it's rude and I doubt you're extremely good looking yourself.

• Because the media tells us that looks better...

• but can't women make their own minds up. the media is not every individual guys taste

• The media makes you believe that is every guys/girls fantasy. Plus, it's more difficult to fit into clothes when you have thicker thighs, and some women develop stretch marks if their thighs/hips are thicker.

• id prefer stretch marks to stick thighs though but I see what you mean

• The media, our girlfriends, and our moms, at least in my case.

• I am not trying to get thighs like that. I am trying to get them more toned but still thick. But when I see people that's thighs are so skinny you can their knee cap, I think that there anorexic or sick.

• yes, it's ridiculous how much pressure is put on woman to look thin, we need to rise above & tell the media, some men (not all) to shove their sick expectations up their asses!

• I have really big thighs but the rest of me is smaller yet proportioned...i personally think smaller thighs look sexier, and I wish I had them.

• well your wrong! nothing I find hotter than that

• ...i hate my thighs. there not fat but there nott small. its lame. ha ha its just what media says and shows & how other girls look. sorry to disappoint you for not liking them!

• I'm skinny natural and can't help that my thighs are thin:(

• Not saying there is anything wrong with thin thighs. I am just saying thick thighs are what my individual preference is, obviously many guys love them thin :). I just have the problem with the ones who arnt naturally thin there aiming for it

• Amen! It's like of you asked the question "why do girls have such fat backsides" it's like oh you can't say that, but when they talk about skinny girls it's like a few for all hate parade!

• Just to clarify, since some of you seem to be reading too much into my answer, I said women should be themselves. They should not worry about what the media and society tells them they should be. If you are naturally thin, naturally curvy, naturally bigger, then except it and be confident in yourself. I was speaking to women who can't be happy with themselves because they think they have to look a certain way. Geez you people are so sensitive.

What Guys Said 6

• link

#165 (bikar) = what happends when girls close the magazines, stop skipping meals, start cramming protein/well rounded diet, stop taking diet pills, start lifting weights (without this stupid fear that they are gonna look like she-hulks), start really looking at health and fitness at a whole for themselves and stop wanting to be "skinny" and feel sick all the time.

such epic badassery. I would so propose.

• lets not get thin confused with athletic, I happen to find athletic thighs and girls hot

• because no one wants to eat out a vag connected to face crushers

• I would think its probably to look like models. Personally, I like thin thighs, but I'm a pretty thin guy so I'm not into thicker chicks.

• i know what you mean by thick thighs and yes it is hella hot

• why though

• nobody likes chicken legs. but most people do not like thick thighs either.

the reason I said its because your black is because, generally speaking, black guys like thicker women. I know what I'm talking about. I have a black best friend. and I know plenty of black dudes (live in brooklyn).. you guys are conditioned to love thicker women. you just can't help it.

• mmmm...true...BUSTY xD

• Dude not all of them do. Have you been to the gym lately? All I see girls working on is legs and abs they rarely workout the upper body.