Would you date somone with a baby?

Now a days..it's commen to have a child weather a guy or girl.

Let's say the baby is under a year.. Not an eight or nine year old but a tiny thing. I'm actually considering it, since I really like this one guy .. I never thought I would but that's life.

So guys and girls would you got out with a person with a child?

Most Helpful Guy

• below is a post I did here on a question similar hope it helps

for some reason I landed on this page with a lot of the same question as you've posted lol

let me tell some don't mind at all , for example I'm one, my wife and I have been together now for 40 yrs. she had a 1 year old daughter at the time I met her 6 months latter we were married. had two more daughters . have 5 grandkids 4 boys and and a girl whose the youngest at present.

i think what I put here says it all on your questions. you said you wanted honest answers why or why not ,below is just food for thought take it for what its worth but*ts from my heart.

i know what I'm about to say on this is not popular thought in most girls in your age group (18-24)

the next guy chose from a differenttype guy than what your ex: was.

most likely he was one of the following types of a type.

he was controlling

maybe abusive word or physical

cheated (which also includes lieing(sp))

he was either a jock popular guy / badboy type / a player / or just a plain jerk all share some if not all of the above traits and more (negative type traits that is)

well what type of guy should you choose then?

well I was back in the 1960's girls would discribe me as "that nice sweet guy with the wavy hair"

ya, I was one of those nice guys that got over looked in high school by girls because I had the nice guy qualities. and we all know how girls in the age bracket of (14-24) what they think and feel about nice guys .

LOL ...

but consider this girls/women by the time they reach 25 or older (some maybe younger if smart)

realize that the nice guys weren't such a bad deal all along. most of these guys haven't as a rule changed one iota from when they were in high school.these women 25 and older also state on line and encourage younger women not to make the same mistakes they did and love their geeky nerdy sweet nice shy quiet guys to pieces

yet its also a proven fact that these same guys are better fathers, husbands ,and providers . also 95% of the time they do not cheat on their partners (they maybe at times cheated on but its rare)

you ask for honest answers to your questions , these are I know pretty expliet answers and detailed to a degree. yet I posted my expierence on this and I am a nice guy which wound upo with a wonderful women to boot. is our life a fairy tale ...lol far from it we have our ups and downs in this relationship but we work them out.

hopefully my post has been of some help to you make some wise choices this next time with a guy.

What Guys Said 5

• not to be an ass or anything but NO I wouldn't not. its extra baggage and the child would come inbetween us I would feel. as your own child id hope it came before the guy, and I wouldn't want that. id want it to be me and just her. id feel like maybe she spent not enough time on me, or if she had her child with her when we hungout it would cause some issues. if you have a long relationship and say you get married, then she may not want another kid and if I want a kid then that's a problem. also a child prevents from getting out as much, ties the person up. yeah its sad that people have kids so early and wreck their future, I hate that 16 and pregnant it kid of glorifies it a little and I see it as kids would want children.

• Yeah I know where your coming from..like I said I never thought I would be dating a guy with a baby,but I known him since high school and I know he's a good guy.But the child in the picture just shows that we aren't kids anymore and we can't be goofy and silly like we use to..because of his priorities..he had to grow up sooner then he thought sux

• No, not at this point

1. If I was with a girl who had a kid, I'd then feel like I'd have to play war with the kid's biological father, unless of course the father is the type of guy guy who deserves to get his balls cut off.

2. I don't really like the need of feeling I have to support one, especially when you don't know if you'll marry this girl, then your money is BOOM GONE.

At a later point,

1. If I was divorced at an age of 22-32 and she had kids and I did yeah, because there's an even support, I look after hers, she looks after mine.

2. I CERTAINLY DON'T PLAN THIS. but if I had a kid and not with his/her mother, then yes I would because again, even support.

Also in general at this point, how much time would you be able to spend with the girl if she had one, you couldn't go out a lot, because babysitters etc, lots of them, and if you can't get one, no date etc.

That's my way of looking at it, hope it helped.

• No, I don't think I would.

• I have dated single moms in the past... nothing wrong with em... just lotsa werk with the woman, lotsa werk also with the kids... and if you're the type who likes kids (as I do), you can be drawn in very quick...

• yes I would, I love kids, but I would rather have a kid of my own.

What Girls Said 2

• At this point of my life, I wouldn't date a guy who happens to have a kid.

• Dating a person with a young baby is a big commitment to make. You need to make sure you understand exactly what you are getting yourself in for - I mean, its going to take a lot more energy than if he didn't have a baby, it might not always be easy, and you need to realize that at times your needs will have to wait because the baby will always be priority. If that is something you are okay with that I would go for it! If you love him and he loves you back, you shouldn't let extra 'baggage' get in the way. It's different, but I'm dating a man with an 11 year old daughter now. It's different because she is old enough to understand, but equally hard at times. but the one thing I am sure of is that I love him and he loves me. if that's the case, nothing should stop you being together.