Did this first date go well?

So I went on this first date with a friend that I have known a while( we are just casual friends, not that intimate) and he finally asked me out, we are both 19. So we went to the movies at the mall and then walked around. So at the movies he put his arm around me all that jazz, and we sat like that for the whole movie. Then we walked around the mall and talked a bit, we laughed, and had fun. Then he drove me home, we talked on the way back to my house, but then nothing. He did not kiss me or give me a hug. I initiated the hug, and said maybe we can do this some other time. Was this a good first date, should I have not said anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• You might have been a bit more positive at the end. instead of saying "Maybe we can do this some other time" which sounds a bit wishy-washy, you might have said something more positive.

"I had a great time. Let's do it again, yeah?"

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• He was probably nervous since you guys have only just been friends before. This is completely new territory. So he probably didn't want to rush into anything and look too desperate. I think it was normal.

• sounds good:)

• sounds like it went well.