Dating a younger guy?!

So me and this kid started talking not too long ago, and we're both really starting to like each other. Problem is though, our ages. I turned 18 not too long ago and he's 15 (turning 16 in like September). I know that the law created to keep old pedophiles away from minors, but does a 2 year age difference make a difference? Like if anyone were to find out, would I get into trouble? He looks older than he really is, and he's a lot taller than me, so next to me, you wouldn't be able to tell our age difference.

I've asked multiple people and looked things up about this online. Most sources said it's not a big deal because it's only a 2 year age difference, but I'm asking just to be safe. I wanna know before things get too serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• what state are you in and I'll get you the age of consent laws(otherwise, dating have no legal isssues)

• Currently living in MA.

• The age of consent in Massachusetts is 16, as specified by Chapter 265, Section 23 of the General Laws of Massachusetts, which states:

"Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under sixteen years of age shall... be punished..." MGL 265-23

dont have sex until he's 16

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know about the law in your state but you may want to call the non emergency police number and ask questions but don't let them know that you are talking about your self . The last thing that you need it to get in trouble for statutory rape and then have to register as a sex offender.

• As long as y'all are within three years of each other, you're fine. Unless his parents have a problem with it, if so, y'all will have to stop seeing each other or sneak around and hope they don't find out and press charges against you. Other than that, there is nothing legally wrong with it.