Is it ever OK for a guy to date his good friend's sister?

First of all; me, my brother, and his good friend all go to the same college and are involved in a common extracurricular and so we therefore end up at a lot of the same parties and know a lot of the same people. My brother's friend and I have become attracted to each other and we both admitted we really like each other. He said he's going to talk to my brother about it and ask if he would be OK with it; if my brother is absolutely not OK with it then we won't date and that's fine.

I always hear stuff like guys have to stay away from friends sisters, it always ends badly and it's dumb. However, I think this situation is a little bit different and I'm hoping you guys feel the same way. Because of our involvement in the same activities I would have met him with or without my brother, Also my brother graduated from college about a month ago but me and his friend are still here for at least another year and a half...So it's not like my brother will be around you know?

Does that make the situation more ok?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend's brother's friend liked the brother's younger sister and talked to my boyfriend's brother about it - the brother wasn't very keen on it and kinda disapproved, but it didn't stop them from going out. I think a lot of brothers are protective at first but if they know the guy well enough then usually they are pretty lenient. I doubt you'll have to go behind your brother's back.

What Guys Said 1

• My reaction would be like Tony Montana's to Manny in SCARFACE

What Girls Said 3

• I would say it kind of depends on how good of friends they are. Just because you like a guy and then your brother decides to be friends with him doesn't mean you are no longer going to consider dating him. If they are really good friends and your brother would feel betrayed if the two of you were to date, I would say no to it. Good luck! (:

• I hope your brother is fair enough and tells him to go for it. ;)

Do you know the series "friends"? Than Ross, Monica and Chandler tell you more than anybody could answer you, right? It is also possible to work out and if he is a good friend than you brother should be proud that his sister dates a good guy!

• I say go for it. I don't think this case is the biggest deal, because it's not like two guys who are friends or brothers who could both go for you, if you don't date this guy it isn't like your brother can get you instead. I guess the risk is that it would mess up their friendship, but I hope your brother doesn't mind and besides, if you two like each other and see each other a lot and really like each other, things may just happen anyway ;) if you know what I mean