Do girls always date older?

does a 19 year old guy have to date high school chicks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls date guys who are older than them but some even date guys who are 1/2 youngers than them, I know that if a guy is 1/2 years younger than me, I wouldn`t mind dating him but I also know that girls mature quicker than guys so is there even a point? Nah that's why most girls date guys older than them. So yes you can date girls younger than you but not too young mind you, date girls who are like 1/2 younger than you or your age, 1/2 years older than you wouldn`t matter much either. I hope this makes sense Lol.

What Girls Said 10

• you definitely don't have to date younger girls.. you can date anyone you want.. there's no rules restricting that! I would personally go for older or younger.. it doesn't matter too much, as long as its no more than 2 years difference. :P I know lots of girls who are dating younger guys! As long as they both like each other, I don't see a problem with what age they are.. :)

• I would never date younger. He would have to be at least a year older than me for sure. I think my reason is I feel safer around guys older than me. That's not how all girls are though, I know a 17 year old girl who's dating a 15 year old boy...

• I think girls are often into older guys is because girls are mature earlier in their life than boys. But if you can handle yourself like a grown up, I'd say there are plenty girls who would date you even if you're a little bit younger than them.

• Answer to Q1: most girls go for older guys but some do date younger guys too. personally, I don't mind dating someone 2-3 years younger.

Answer to Q2: no

• The only thing you ever absolutely have to do is pay taxes.

No, a 19yo guy is usually in college and (supposedly) operating within a more mature crowd. He should be around enough college girls that he doesn't need to bother with a kid in high school.

• usually college girls date older guys

• You mean their professors and TAs? Those are pseudointelkectusl girls with paseudointelkectusl guys. It's a phase, not an ideal scenario.

• Sorry for the typo!

• lol.

i'm dating my TA who is about 5 years older than me. He was my TA when I was a freshman and started dating when the semester was over

• I have never dated someone older than me. I judge based on maturity level and personality before age. I'm not going to rule some guy out just because he's six months younger than me.

• I really don't think age is that big of a difference if it is only 1-2 years older or younger. When I was 23 I dated anyone from the age of 19-33. I am currently married to my husband and he is only a few days younger than me (like 10 days younger or something). Anyways I'm sure if you have a great personality and lots in common with her then you shouldn't have that big of a problem talking to her and taking it from there.

• no. a lot of girls who are also in the college age range, like 18-21 would probably want to date you. I think the girls wanting older guys thing starts to apply to girls your age or a bit older, not high school girls. in fact, high school girls generally prefer guys closer to their age. I'm your age, and I prefer a guy who is 22-24ish, but when I was in high school I preferred guys my age or maybe a year older. and some girls don't like older guys, it's really a personal preference.

• No not always. I was 20 and my boyfriend was 19 when we started dating. There are also plenty of 19 and 18 year old girls who are in college for you to date.

What Guys Said 2

• it seems to be highly generic. Most girls I know go for either older guys who have left school or guys from different schools. Whether this is through preference or to avoid awkwardness in school with a peer I do not know.

• Most people date close to their age. So you'd be dating girls just out of high school or almost done.