How do you get him to talk?

I don't care whether ladies or gents answer my question. I just want to know whether there is anything I can do to get my husband to talk to me more. We used to laugh and talk a lot when we were dating. Now, however, he's too busy to take the time for conversation. He doesn't like sports, so we can't talk about that. We don't have the same business interests, so we can't really talk about that. Does anyone have any ideas for conversation starters?

Most Helpful Guy

• What's going on in the world around you are always good conversation starters. It can be local, national, or global. We all have opinions on matters that affect us or can affect us. There are books available that have lists of questions you can ask a partner to get to know them better or to be used as conversation starters.

What Guys Said 5

• How long have you been married? That would help us know what exactly is going on.

I know my dad likes to decompress after work, is it possible that you try to have conversations with him when he just gets home? He might be similar to my dad in that he needs a little time to himself before he opens up.

What is he busy doing that takes priority?

• We've been married four years. He comes home from work and immediately sits in front of the computer working on his internet business. Believe me, I understand the desire to replace his income so he can leave his job. However, he spends more time on that than on us, and our relationship suffers.

• Try asking him to set an exact amount of time that he will work on his e-business, and after that he lets it rest for the day. All the remaining hours belong to you.

• Start dating him again. The issue here isn't that you can't find conversation topics, it's that you don't spend quality time together.

• talk bout life . likes and dislikes . the past . how you used to live and the people who helped you . there are many dear

• be open.

• open up.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that you and your husband should start over in your relationship. There are list of things that you can get him into: start asking him out on dates; read the books together and talk about when you are done; do a dinner and movie and talk about the movie after it's don; talk about what ya'll use to do to have fun; talk about sex; you both take time away from work to go on a trip.This is just a list to start off with so I hope that everything works out for you.

• reminance about when the two of you met and start with the most funny kickers -- to get a smile and more words from him. that's always fun, lol, later on looking back at moments. Or pictures if you have pictures going thru an album together. Or showing your interested in his worklife and just see how business is his way try to get an understanding and that way you can talk of business with him.

thats just a couple suggestions hope any helps. tootles

• SEX? What he likes what you like, that usually perks a mans intrest even if youve been married 10 yrs!