Fate vs. Destiny? Which would you chose and why?

Explain your choice :]

Ok I ment fate vs. Free will! Hahaha sorry I'm havin a really slow day today

Most Helpful Girl

• Isn't it a paradox to have the ability choose between free will and predetermination?

I guess I would pick free will so that way I can take full responsibility for my actions and have no one to blame but myself when things go wrong. And on the flip side, I could attribute all my success to my own hard work and positive attitude.

What Guys Said 5

• Though we can be super technical, I think that besides the subtle differences and connotations, both words mean the same thing.

I also feel that it is both an acknowledgment by a person of that which they can't control, as well as a wishful, desperate thought to explain that is right in front of them the whole time: we live in a cause and effect ocean. It's inevitable that our zone of control shrinks and grows depending on what's happening around us. There are millions of factors that govern our lives. To chalk these conditions up to something like fate or destiny is a whimsical cop out.

• Ok yes, I updated my mistake I made okay? Annd I didn't follow the rest of what you said

• Read it carefully.

Basically, I think there are no grounds for things to be considered fate. Anyone can say that something happened because of fate, but they don't account for the many things that affect our lives that are out of our control.

• Fate, but only by virtue of being deterministic, not some higher plan.

• I spit in Fate's face :| I don't really like that idea and it tends to p*ss me off cause I don't accept any fate given to me that's bad. I refuse.

"Father, is a person's destiny a thing like a cloud flowing with an inescapable flow? Or can a person choose the flow he wishes... I still don't know the answer to this. Either way the destination may be the same in the end. However by choosing to live like the latter, a person can live and strive towards a goal. And in this match I have finally understood those who have that are truly strong. Father, I have but one goal, I want to become stronger"

Total awesome points to people who get the reference lol. Back when that series was actually good >.>

• Fate that means a higher power has a plan for me! I can make a lot of bad choices but fate makes that chpice for me. not that I'm a irresponsible guy but if a girl is meant to be with me than it is meant to be that is the way it chould go.

• I don't believe in either, so... none? lol

What Girls Said 2

• Destiny. I don't know what the differences between fate and destiny are but...

Destiny sounds like you are meant to do something grand in the future while fate sounds like something terrible will happen to you and there's nothing you can do about it.

• its the same thing

• In a way yes. But not entirely. Least I think. I'm not the brightest star in the sky haha

• destiny: an event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future

fate:something that unavoidably befalls a person

theyr both inevitable events that happen in life

lol its OK I'm not the brightest crayon in the box

• lol, then fate, there's something about the idea of life being planned out already that's poetic, I don't believe in fate but if I had a choice between the two id pick fate.