Most guys will date any female friends they found to be attractive.

^^ Is that true? My guy friend told me this last night. (don't tell me how he was hinting that he would date me; he is in love with me and I know that XD)

Wow, I am very surprised by these results.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say it's true. If you're friends and he is attracted to you why wouldn't he want more? Almost every girl I've been friends with in life I've had a crush on at some point during our friendship.

What Guys Said 11

• Yep. I'd say so.

If a girl I'm attracted to wants to hang out, I'll definitely consider it. The girls I have NO ATTRACTION for - I'll always look for something better to do than to see them. Unless it sounds fun.

So I gotta agree with your guy friend. We like to make our time worthwhile, so hanging out as 'friends' with attractive women is a good opportunity to get to know them further. Whereas, hanging out with ugly fat chicks is NOT a good option, and we'll make excuses to not see them.

If anyone wants to rant about my statement, save your breath.

• So, if your attractive friend calls you up and asks you to hang out, you're pretty likely to say yes most of the time?

• but I don't like the term cover up haha...the guy and girl just have different motives, neither of which is more or less respectable than the other

• @jrose - in my view, maybe. If I'm free and don't have anything lined up, I'll venture out and meet up with her to have fun.

@Greeneyes4242 - well you caught me. Not always. But usually in the beginning is where the guy wants more than friendship. But when he finds out more about her, that interest wears down a bit, however it can spike back up at any time. It's a cover up when the guy tries to hide it.

• Not always. I have female friends who I would not date because they are not so compatible with me, but at the same time we are enough similar to like spending time together, but when we had to share our lives to that extent, problems would arise. One example of this would be my ultra feminist friend who hates men. We avoid the topic because it upsets me that she doesn't believe in gender equality. But then we just get on really well talking about random other stuff. If we were to get together, she'd treat me like the scum of life - the MAN pah. She still kinda does but it's not so obvious when we are not in a romantic relationship. So we are just friends ^^

• if she's cool, she's hot and she's your friend, what else could you want...those are pretty much the only criteria

• Why wouldn't we do that?

If there's a girl you have a crush on people should try stuff with them .. that's how you build up a stronger relationship if you find the person to be nice and suitable for you.

• Even though I forgot to mention that there's some possibilities that we guys won't date anyone we find attractive, depending on the person though .. some are more needy than others.

• I don't want to say definitively that yes I would, though in the vast majority of cases I've been in, I would.

• Yes. It's true.

• only if he wants sex

• Yes, that is definitely true.

• True

• Not necessarily, but there's a good chance of it.

• yes its true

What Girls Said 4

• I would say, in my experience it's true unless he has a girlfriend he's committed to the entire time you're friends- in which case he might be attracted but he's not going to pursue it any further than being friends. One of my best guy friends is like this- he's been dating the same girl (a friend of mine since before they got together) for our whole friendship. I've never specifically ASKED him if thought I was attractive, but on occassion he's commented that I look pretty or whatever. Anyway, we're good buds, but I have no reason to believe he would ever pursue it and I have no interest in him, although he's a good looking guy. I think it's that way between us because from the very beginning we knew the whole dating thing wasn't an option and it's never become one.

But, if you're friends with a guy and it does become an option, I think he at least considers it most of the time, granted he finds you attractive of course.

• I don't see why they wouldn't, unless of course they see their female friends in a more sister-like way.

• i don't think so. because friends might find friends attractive, but that doesn't mean the chemistry is there

• Wow, I guess this means a lot of women had/has reason to get up set when their husband/boyfriend is "just hanging" with his female friend... more reason why couples shouldn't be friends with singles of the other sex.