Is no prior dating experience a turn off?

I'm 18 and I've actually never been on a date or had a boyfriend or anything. I'm not socially awkward or unattractive or anything-- I just simply haven't had anyone that I would like to date want to date me. I'm not miserable or lonely or angsty over the fact that I'm single, but I am a bit worried that my lack of dating experience will be a turn off to most guys.

Will guys assume there's something wrong with me because I haven't dated before? Or is it something they really couldn't care less about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. Most of us will think it is a big plus..you probably won't be manipulating us since you don' t have experience at this sort of thing.

Also, we think you are intelligent, and realize dating isn't all a postiive and in some ways you are better off for not being part of that scene.

What Guys Said 2

• No prior dating experience isn't a turn off; hey, I'm in the same boat and girls don't find me that weird.

But, after all, what's the date for, if the guy is basing his opinion of you on your past?

• It doesn't really matter. It would also be hypocritical of me since I've never done anything with a girl.

What Girls Said 2

• it SHOULDNT be something they care about, theyre dating you for who you are and whatever past came with you. if there is none, then so be it. you still are who you are and that should be all that matters

• That is definitely not a turn off. I wouldn't think any different of him or anything, it's not a super big deal. So it shouldn't be a turn off for any other guys