What does all of this mean? How can I get him back?

OK, I'll try and keep this short, but I really need advice. So anyways, this guy and I really hit things off over our winter break in December. We went on two dates in a row and held hands and he kissed me on the cheek. I thought things were going great and we both really liked each other. Then I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden we weren't talking as much at the beginning of this month. Then I found out from one of his friends that he thought I didn't like him, which wasn't true because I totally did. And so I told this friend that I really liked him still, thinking that word was going to get around to the guy that I liked and this would get better between us. But word never got around to him I guess. Just this Wednesday, this same friend told me that the guy I liked lost feelings for me only because he thought I didn't like him. I was heartbroken. So I was like "you know what? I'm going to do what I have to do to make it known that I really like him." so I texted the guy I liked right then and there, just flirting it up and making it stupidly obvious that I liked him. We had a great conversation. Then Thursday rolls around, and he texts me first and sends me a picture of him and I said "What a stud(;" and just giving him compliments and flirting a lot with him. Then all of a sudden, he told me to look up the song "Boyfriend" by Big Time Rush. I did, and the lyrics basically say " I want to be your boyfriend ". So I thought this was a good thing, and I was really excited because I thought he was going to tell me how he felt. Then after, he said "what did you want to happen between us after those two dates in December?" and so then I saw the perfect opportunity to tell him how I felt. So I basically poured my heart out in this text message saying that I really liked him. And then I said that I didn't know what to do because his friend told me he didn't like me anymore. So the guy I like replies "well, it's a little more complicated than that." and I said "well what do you mean?" and then he said "well in January, I thought you weren't interested in me. So I just kinda gave up. Then this girl I went on a few dates with last year started texting me again, and now she's the girl I'm pursuing. ( Yes, he did use the word pursuing). " and then he said "you used to be the one I was pursuing. I still like you, but she's the one I'm pursuing. If I would have known how you felt, we'd probably be together right now. Any other guy would love to keep this other girl a secret and still date you because you're just that amazing, but you deserve better so I thought I should let you know." and so I was trying to be nice and just said "thanks for letting me know! nothings changed between us, don't worry" I told him I had to go because I didn't know what else to say. So a few questions here:

1) What does "Pursue" mean?

2) Does he really still like me? How can someone quickly be over someone they liked so much?

3) Do I have a chance of getting him back?

Also, Why did he lead me on by sending that song to me that said "i want to be your boyfriend" if he was just going to tell me that he is going after some other girl? I still have such strong feelings for him and I want to get him back, but how do I?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• 1) Chasing... interested in.

2) He likes you, but obviously his interests wandered. He probably wasn't THAT interested, because it was that easy for him to move on and go after a different girl. He gave up pretty easily.

3) Do you really want a guy that basically has you at #2? If yes, well... you definitely still have a chance, but you will have to stop texting him and actually meet up in person... and make a move on him.

He lead you on because he is an idiot, and probably liked the ego-boost you gave him. It sounds like he's basically telling you that you lost your chance before... and he's trying to punish you for it.

I don't know, maybe his intentions aren't that bad, yet, so... if you really do like him, then you need to tell him in person... kiss him. Get yourself on his mind in a romantic/sexual way... tell him you want him to pursue you and not that other girl.