Online Dating- men's expectations

So I use a free dating site and I was under the impression that I should always let the guy initiate. Is this true or just old fashioned? The site offers winking or messaging. I am sitting waiting but how would most guys feel if they got a message from a girl? And if its a good idea what would be the best simple message to send?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its great to get the first response from a female to me its shows they are making the damn effort to try to get to know me and seem to be taking the step to being serious. Realistically speaking I have noticed that yes the guy has to do all the work at least I have anyways. a simple message to send is first reading who they are in their profile and finding something you can discuss together but its perfectly fine for you to make the first wink or email. trust me.

What Guys Said 2

• You're on a dating site and you're not initiating conversations...Oh boy...

You can't just sit on your ass and expect your dream guy to email you after he psychically read your mind through his computer screen and found out that you were into him without any contact from your side.

Be proactive and email guys that you find interesting.

• you're talking about doing old fashion things over a computer? lol what the hell

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, you should initiate. Don't send a message that's too simple...read their profile and write them something that feels natural.

• I agree with the guys-why should they have to always initiate the first contact? Make a move-they don't bite!