Online dating -- for those of you who tried it?

I'm curious but do you message people first? do you get a lot of responses?

do you wait for others to message you first?

have you ever met someone that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've tried online dating twice, once about 2 years ago and am currently trying it again. The first time I didn't message people first much at all, just waited to see if people messaged me. Well I had no luck. This time I have been more active in messaging women and have gotten much better results. Most girls do not message first, but my advice is to message first if you want. If you see a profile you like just send a message of a few sentences referencing something they listed in their profile that you found interesting. It's better to be active in going after what you want than waiting for it to come to you.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes I messaged girls first. Got my first reply from one 4 weeks ago and it only took 5 years...

I wish I could wait and have girls message me but it's never gonna happen. The only people who message me are spammers and 40 year old gay guys.

No I have never met anyone from online dating.

• Yeah, one girl, but it was not on a dating site, just on a regular site. Just do whatever feels right, there are no rules.

What Girls Said 1

• I tried it about a year ago. From what I can remember, it wasn't difficult to get messages from men, but whenever I messaged them first, they never responded. So be on the defense if you decide to do it and just wait for them to contact you first. You will also get a lot of unwanted attention from guys you just aren't into. I never met anyone in person though because I was too chicken. lol. But if you're serious about it, I would do a paid online dating site only because it could weed out a lot of people that only want sex. The way I look at it, If they're paying for it, they have to be pretty serious about wanting a significant other, not just a fling.