Online relationships - do they work?

causes I met some guy who's perfect for me but he lives in another state and I don't know I really like him what should I do and please I know your gonna say meet someone off the comp. well I tried so yeah

Most Helpful Guy

• Just like regular dating... its a toss up. I know relationships that went well... I know some that blew up and went no where. Depends on the guy, what you're willing to share, and what you choose to do with yourself. An online relationship where the guy is urging to see you asap and probably wants to get very physical... probably won't last.

What Guys Said 4

• hey so I came across this question after answering another one...im just curious...how did this turn out for you?

• meet him in person, or ask him to meet you, but be carefull/ I had a friend who meet his wife like this, and he recommended; don't know if it would work for you, but it worked for him; not everyone is the same; in my opinion to be in a relationship or to at least make it last, you would need to see him once a month or something

• No they don't. Not unless you're gonna hang with each other often or see each other in person very soon. After awhile you'll start to be wondering things like What if I meet someone close by? What if a guy here wants to kiss, f***, etc.? and you'll really wonder is this distance really worth waiting to be close.

I've had 3 and they all fell apart the same way, because those thoughts are the same for each person it seems.

• Also since they're no being close to each other, it takes constant communication to work.

• Online relationships are the way to go! They almost always work out! You should go for it!

What Girls Said 3

• Online/Long Distance Relationships are really hard to maintain. They're stressful, and emotionally hard on the heart and mind.

That being said, they are also some of the most endearing and emotionally satisfying relationships you'll have, since it isn't majorly focused on sexuality, but rather on communication and bonding.

If you're going to go into a relationship with him, you need to really think about it and discuss it with him, and move the talking from online to on the phone and texting as well.

And as always, be careful with anyone you meet online, because unfortunately there are a lot of liars out there and sick minded people. Always listen to your instincts.

• do you guys meet up and hang out..or you just only talking him at comp. ?

• im so sry monica don't do it because its not real its all fake they are all only players here