How to break up and stay friends?

So I was friends with my girlfriend before we started dating. we'd only see each other once every couple of months at parties and such. We've been dating 3 months now and I still care about her feelings but think that the love is gone. I told her when we started off that I want to start dating again after my last break but I was afraid she would be my rebound girl and I didn't want that to hurt her in the future. Now I pretty sure she was just a rebound, not that it makes what we had less special, but I should end it. Help! How do I break up and still stay friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only way two ex's can stay friends is if both are over each other. If you don't wanna go out with her anymore, you just gotta break-up with her like you would with any other girl in your past relationships. After that, you gotta take the heat. She could be alright with the break-up or be pissed. If she has feelings for you even after you break up, then it's going to be pain in the ass to try and be friends. It may not be impossible. But, it's very hard.

That's all I can say about being friends or not, but in terms of breaking up. Just explain to her you don't have the same feelings anymore and that you need a break from the whole gf-bf relationship. Be smooth about it and hopefully everything works out for ya man.

What Girls Said 2

• Be honest and told her or him that you just want to stay friends

• Whatever you do, do NOT use the whole "It's not you, it's me" line-very bad idea.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with everything Sexy-Man said.

I just want to add that you should probably take some time and be single, or, at least make it known to her that you are doing that. It would hurt her greatly to end up finding out you are with another girl. Of course deceiving is bad too, and you shouldn't deny any fun for yourself by meeting new people.

• it will be hard if she still have feelings for you , but you need to be honest with her and tell her that its not gonna work out between you guys .