Does it honestly taste like licking an ashtray, after you kiss somebody who smokes?

I smoke, and I'm really into this guy who doesn't smoke. I'm too scared to tell him I smoke and I'm equally afraid to kiss him.! Has anybody ever kissed somebody who smokes, when they don't? Is it as bad as people say it is?

Most Helpful Girl

• omg no, that's a myth, people just say that to make the person who smokes feel bad and wanna quit. but really you can't even realy taster anything. like seriously. I don't smoke, but I have had many boyfriends who have and its all good, I never complained because there was nothing to complain about, and if none of the answers help, get a smoker and try for yourself lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• Honestly, I'm not a fan. Especially if someone doesn't smoke, it's definitely unpleasant.

• you can only taste it if they have just smoked... my boyfriend smokes but whenever I see him its fine and dandy!

if your worried, carry mints with you so you can have one of those before you kiss him. You will eventually have to tell him, but he might not mind.. and you don't have to tell him straight away because he will never find out ..

i myself, I don't smoke and I don't mind if my boyfriend smells or tastes like smoke...

but guys may be different. hope this helps :) xx

• ive kissed guys that smoke.i honestly don't taste anything,lol.

Idk I'd let him know that you do.

• I am a non-smoker and I think there is absolutely nothing more disguting than kissing someone who has been smoking. Even if they try and freshen their breath with gum or mints or whatever, the taste lingers. It is the biggest turnoff.

• Before I started smoking I kissed a smoker and I really couldn't taste anything weird, but at the time I had nothing to compare it to. I still don't so I could be wrong about it not being bad.

• I smoke my self, & so does my boyfriend

when we wake up in the morning first thing he does

is smoke a fag where as I can't do that I need a drink

first & when he goes to kiss me he smells like he just

opened his mouth& poured the butts & ash in there

& that's coming from some1 who smokes.

• no not tru at all.

• Only if the person smoking doesn't brush teeth. My boyfriend smokes and I don't and I have never had a problem with it.

• It's nasty. Blech.