How do I tell a guy I have never had a first kiss before?

I am 17 in grade 12 and I've never been in a relationship before cause I wasn't ready...and I have a lot of self respect so I don't go off kissing random guys... so I have never kissed anyone before..

but now I went out with a guy...and he tried to kiss me and I pulled away..but I really wanted to kiss him.and we are going out again...and I don't know how to tell him that I don't know how to kiss. Would he think I am a loser or really lame? How would you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, there is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of. Thankfully, kissing should come relatively naturally for you, whether or not you have done it before. And in my opinion, you don't have to divulge the fact that you've never kissed someone, at least not if you don't want to. The truth is, he highly likely won't be able to tell it's your first kiss if you don't tell him. :)

Now, if you do feel the need to share, then the good news is that, he won't look down on you for it. No decent guy would. I know if a girl I was interested in shared her not having been kissed before, I wouldn't care. If anything she'd be cuter for it.

Anyway, when you do finally kiss this boy--and it will be wonderful--be sure you have a mint ready and not to salivate too much. Just a couple pointers. I know you'll be fine!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If he goes in for it again, just tell him, "Hey, uh... I've never done this before. You might have to show me?".

Chances are, he'll be fine with it. He'll probably think it's cute, and be flattered to teach you.

Don't worry, it's not lame... it just shows you're smart and have standards :)

Have fun.

• Just tell him that you're waiting for the right time with the right guy. If he doesn't understand, then toss him.