Is my relationship headed for troubled water? Help!

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year and a half now. He is 4 years older than me and is 26 years old. We have a great relationship in the sense of we have fun when we are together. I just have some trust issues with him as I do with any guy I date.

His phone kept blinking meaning he had a message of some sort last weekend so I went ahead and checked it while he was sleeping. He had 20 facebook messages from some girl that used to be married to his buddy. They were joking around saying how she wanted a sugar daddy and how he needed a sugar momma. He was like I need someone to clean my house do laundry and who is a nymphoo (*). OK well in all honesty, I clean his house for him do all of his laundry and we have sex quite a bit so it completely crushed me when I read this. Normally I would keep it quiet if I went through his phone but I couldnt. I started crying and woke him up. Needless to say he was not happy that I went through his phone but I could careless. Why would he say this crap to some girl? He said he was just joking around and didn't mean anything by it. He's like honestly do you think I want a sugar momma.. I'm like I don't know do you? And he said think about it do I accept any money or anything from anyone. I'm like no you don't and he's like exactly!

Overall things have been great between us so why he was joking around about this kind of stuff baffles me? Was it just for attention or something? All his friends say they wish they had a girl like me and that Brett is lucky to be dating a sweetheart like me. I’d like to think I’m a pretty good catch and haven’t been divorced and I don’t have any kids. I try my best to keep him happy but this just made me question everything we had going for us. I asked him numerous times if he was happy with me and he reassured me time and time again that he was very happy with me and that he was just joking with this girl. He says that everything is great between us and I need to not worry. It’s just hard to not question things when I read all that crap to this other girl. What do I do? Please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think he meant none of those things as far as he needs someone to clean his apartment and who is a freak. He just wanted to flirt with this broad and he brought them up. It doesn't matter if you do those things for him or not. In his personal life and in his mind, he knows he got a good girl doing everything he asked for in another girl. It was just a way of him flirting and he is wrong for that. Do NOT blame yourself or question yourself, in all reality, you are his girlfriend, not wife, you wouldn't clean his house if you didn't want to. He was just being a dude. They all do but some men just dont. I hope we both land on one of those good guys. I wouldn't change anything about the way I am or things I do. Its HIS problem he wanted to flirt with that chick in that fashion.

What Guys Said 1

• You're reading too much into it. It's not like he was trying to arrange a meeting with this woman. It seemed like light humor to me. You're worrying too much.

What Girls Said 0