Why doesn't my boyfriend call me very often?

He's always been sort of a homebody. We've been seeing each other off and on for a year and made things "official" in December. We've talked about some serious stuff like moving in together.

But I feel like I'm the only one who ever initiates contact. It's not like I'm trying to get him to text volley with me back and forth all day, but this is 2011, not 1850. There's no real reason to go a full day without talking to someone unless you just don't care to.

He does answer when I call and replies when I text, almost immediately. But I still don't see why I have to be the one contacting him. If he cares about me like he says he does, shouldn't he want to talk to me just as bad? Or am I over-analyzing things?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• my boyfriend kinda does the same thing.. I told him I wanted him to call me first sometimes but he said he's worried about interrupting me if I'm busy... maybe your guy is similar?

• Yeah, he's said before that he doesn't know my schedule and I am pretty busy... But he could at least send a text and ask me how my day's going, you know?

• yeah... but some guys just don't think about doing that... not sure why. it's like they think that if you have something to say you'll tell them.