Have you guys felt like this?

I feel like the world is working against me. Last week, my car broke, and my headphones I payed a lot of money for broke. I am struggling in accounting class no matter how much time I spend studying/ going to tudoring. And my cell phone is now broke. Because I have spent so much time on my accounting work I am behind on writing a 7 page paper that is due friday. My boss just informed me that she doesn't have any checks and can't pay me until the new ones come in. And I have a midterm in accounting I need to super study for so I can pass the class, but I have to get the paper done to pass lit. FML is all I have to say right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Optimism and conditioning.

Optimism

When we get into a mood our bodies release vibes that influence those around us. Ever see someone really pissed that just rubs others the wrong way? Soon the whole office is pissed. Or when someone lights up a room and the rest of the people also have their spirits lifted?

So you get up late for work because your alarm clock was set for pm instead of am. You stub your toe on the foot of the bed, and fall over while holding your throbbing toe. Your pet decided to go in your shoe because you didn't have time to walk him this morning. You replace your now soiled sock and grab a different pair of footwear. Downing a cup of scalding hot coffee, your morning is starting out great.

Most of that could have been avoided. You realize you got up late, call into work sick if you can. Or say you are going to be late due to car trouble or what have you. Toss the shoes in the wash, grab a snack bar, and take the dog out. Pour a cup of coffee letting it sit out while you shower. Pick up something the boss loves (like lemon poppyseed muffins) or get the office donuts.

Sometimes we don't realize how lucky we have it. I have narrowly missed car accidents and thank my guardian angels and Karma for saving my sorry hide. Take a notebook and write down all the good things that happened to you today. Sure the list might not be long at first but as you continue to do good things for others, you will see results.

Conditioning

In the military they taught us how to deal with multiple issues. Some of that is assessment and knowing the outcome of each event. There are many ways of approaching this. By deadlines, location, importance, hedging disaster, etc.

If you have 3 tests, 2 papers, and an oral presentation, figure out when each is due by. Knocking out the easy ones first can make you feel good at accomplishing tasks. It didn't tax your resources.

Difficult projects may require steps. Brainstorming, research, references, organizing, opening paragraph, etc. Take breaks to let your mind recharge. You may want to do each step in between other tasks like the easier ones mentioned earlier.

As far as tests go, it depends on which ones. If you will never need that class again (only for gen ed) then cramming may work. If you need to learn the stuff to advance to the next class, then use the method for the best retention. It could be rewriting text, listening, hands on, visual aids, etc.

Don't forget to destress. I watched lots of movies and rollerbladed while I went to college and work full time. Sure I had to cut into sleep time but I didn't get burned out from all that. Think about your current job though. If it requires brains and so does classes, you may be getting migraines by the end of the day.

Drink plenty of fluids, eat small snacks to get you through the day. That's all I have to say for now.

What Girls Said 1

• we all have sh*tty days/weeks. I hope things get better for you

What Guys Said 2

• So you have all these things to do and you choose to log on to GAG instead. There's your problem right there.

• Probably should be writing the paper instead of complaining about it on here, you know?