Why does it hurt so much when he moves on after a break up?

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up almost 10 months ago, but we were still kind of seeing each other up until 4 months ago. I've had my fair share of flings since our break up but I've never pursued anyone further than a fling. My ex-boyfriend now has a girlfriend and I know he's the kind of guy to only get into serious relationships, so I know he's serious about her. When I found out he was "officially" dating this new girl I felt a pang of jealousy and heart ache. I know I'm not in love with him anymore, so why is my heart still hurting?

Most Helpful Girl

• because its hard to know that someone has really moved on. you can never really be replaced because each relationship is different, but it will still feel that way. its almost like "that used to be us.." or "he used to love me like that" I truly believe that once you love someone you you can never stop, you can just love someone more. the love will fade, but it won't ever completely leave.

What Guys Said 1

• We all hope to see old flames again, and when we have to face up to that never happening, it's when we really feel the separation. Until then, we tend to kid ourselves about restarting, I think.

So now it's time to officially! move on.

What Girls Said 1

• because you always hav this "he is mine" mindset...i guess