Guys - Interpret this?

Okay so I was really extremely drunk last night. I was supposed to hang out with my crush, but I called him twice and he didn't answer. So I kept texting him, saying things like "If you don't wanna hang out you can just tell me. you won't hurt my feelings lol" and " :/ is everything okay?"

Anyway, I kept texting him, drunkenly, and never received an answer.

I woke up the next morning to him texting me

"Yeah I was sleeping."

Later that day, I texted

"Hey I'm really sorry that I bugged you so much last night."

He said

"It's okay. I've kinda been in a bad mood for the past few days but it's not a big deal."

I said

"Oh. well is it alright if I ask why? If not, it's cool."

He said

"A bunch of sh*t I guess mainly with meeting with my lawyer the other day and community service etc. but it's whatever. It happens to me every once in awhile."

I said

"Well I'm sorry. I know you've been dealing with a lot since everything happened. And me bugging you all the time probably doesn't help lol. But if you ever want someone to talk to you know I'm here if you need me."

He said

"Well I appreciate it."

So what should I do? I know he's dealing with alot, typically he never opens up to anyone or says anything but it seems like he was trying to open up a little bit.

Is that a good sign that he could have feelings for me, or at least trusts me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think his responses hint too strongly one way or the other.

When something urgent or stressful(such as legal matters) is really eating into a guy's mind, he's pretty fixated on it.

And if it gets him down, he usually doesn't want to let him problems bring someone else down. He may have been withdrawing from you because he know that if he were to hang with you, he couldn't be his normal upbeat self, given his present situation.

Telling him you're there if he needs you is a great way to let him know you care. But note, many guys don't talk about their problems to people that they don't believe would be of direct assistance. It's not to say that he doesn't think talking to you would make him feel better. But nothing would provide relief quite like actually resolving his issues. When a guy has legal issues, he speaks with legal expert.

So he may have feelings for you but not want you to interpret him as a downer, given the time. But he does have his priorities and initiating romantic a interaction isn't the highest thing priority list.

I would just keep letting him know you care. And if you can, try get him to spend some time with you doing an activity that won't pull him away from his dealings too extensively. What you really wan to do is take his mind off of his troubles for a second without necessarily stifling progress. He's think of you as someone who makes him happy without being a diverting distraction.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope - bad sign. Nowhere in there was there a response to you wanting to get together. The language is vague and not open ended (for example. I was sleeping - did you have fun?) suggesting that each message was meant to end the conversation there.

He may have a vague interest in you, but, if I were you, I'd be a little more distant. The way you are talking makes you seem like a girl he can set aside whenever he wants. Better is for him to have to get in touch with you. Otherwise he'll take you for granted and the whole thing will become less and less enjoyable for you.

• Its a good sign. I'm going to give you the same advice I got when I asked girls on this thing how to deal with 2 girls talking. Very,very hard for a guy to navigate threw 2 girls that are friends involved in girl talk. The girl told me just wait it out and then they will invite you in. I say with this guy let this blow over. And then he will be very receptive to you. If he is opening up this much to you when he is pissed just think of how much he will when this blows over. Give him a week with no texts. Then ask him if he would like to go to a cafe or something. Remember give him a full week to deek with this. Then you should be good.

• yeah I think it's a good sign, but I wouldn't pressure him at all. If someone needs time to be alone you have to let them have that. If you do not allow them their time the relationship will collapse.

• Its definitely not a bad sign. From reading this I get the feeling that he trusts you more than a normal friend. Guys don't go out and talk to everyone about their feelings. Give him a little time/space to deal with his situations and see if he comes to you. If he doesn't within a couple days then check up on him again by just asking how everything is going.

What Girls Said 2

• He said

"A bunch of sh*t I guess mainly with meeting with my lawyer the other day and community service etc. but it's whatever. It happens to me every once in awhile.".

. . . I would stay away from him.

• yes its good BUT, that right besidfe the friend zone.