Tips for online dating?

I'm a nice guy, and I think I'm decent looking, but I've had no success at all picking up the girls I like, they always turn me down and I always feel like sh*t, I'm not comfortable with someone until I've known them for a while and its at the point now that I really think online dating is a good choice, what are some things I can talk about and maybe a few icebreakers I could use when talking to someone online?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had an eharmony account. They're pretty good as far with the icebreakers, guided communication to get to know people before you actually chat. I never met anyone interesting, though (probably because I limited what states I wanted matches from). But that's a great website, and I actually know someone who met her husband on there. My eight grade english teacher was seeing a guy she met on eharmony, and now they are married and have children. You never know where you're going to meet "the one", but you'll know it when you do. :)

Also, what type of girls are you going for? Are you basing it solely on looks? If so, that is the wrong choice. I know this is mean, but have you ever heard the saying "I may be fat, but you're ugly. I can lose weight, but you can't fix ugly." In a way, that is true. Someone may not appear as pretty as others, but appearance changes over time. However, if a person has an ugly inside (awful personality), chances are that they can't fix that unless they want to. Most people who are like that don't change because they don't want to. But maybe you're looking for the wrong girl. Or maybe you're just looking in the wrong places? Whatever the case may be, you'll find her someday whenever the timing is right. :) Hope this helped a little.

• Problem is, its either love at first site or I have to know them for a while, and I always think that my current crush is "the one" so I'm pretty much lost.

• Well, that's a bummer. I know how hard it is to risk everything and take a chance on someone new, but the biggest chance you can take is by not taking a chance at all. :) You should try something new, though. And of course, we find someone who we are really attracted to and we force ourself to believe that they are the one. Been there, done that. Far too many times, and only to end up heartbroken in the end. I haven't found that one guy yet, so I can't tell you how it feels whenever you find

What Girls Said 5

• I just think they aren't the right girls for you then. If a guy is nice and respectful to me and I like his profile (the picture, his interests, his personality, whatever is written there), I wouldn't turn a guy down because he doesn't use the right lines. Maybe I would if he get's really boring when talking after a while and we don't have that much in common, but based on a first conversation, no.

• I personally like charmers, you don't nesassarily have to change how you look, if your'e funny and got a great personality, I think you got it. just don't be too pushy for information. you could use something like...

-(if you have already introduced yourself) So, what are some of your favorite foods?

-Can you belive_________ ,omg

-What do you think of ____________?

-Whats your favorite movie? Or would you like to go to a movie sometime?

• gentle

I'm a gold member of a dating website daterichsingles.com

And gentlemen always become popular

• just get to know the girl first do the basics, where do you work? you go to school? her hobbies? and then when you find something you guys have in common you can strike up a conversation easier with her. :)

• BIG tip for online dating: If you're really a nice guy with other traits to recommend you, steer clear of the nasty cesspool of lies -- AKA the Online Dating Circuit. The ODC is for older people and many many folks there lie about their age, occupation, and anything else, to the extent that they actually post fake pictures of themselves (or picks of that they looked like at 21 when they are actually 41...

Step away from the ODC and keep trying to find a real live girl.

What Guys Said 3

• Dating sites suck. I been exactly where you are man. Online dating may be a good idea, but most of those sites are pretty lame. It's like the woman expect perfection on those damn things. Ladies if you are SO damn perfect and won't settle for less... WTF are you doing on a dating site? lol. I gave up on those man but good luck to you.

P.S. If you are having trouble talking to woman/starting a conversation with woman ETC. Here is something that may help. Take the goal out of it. Don't just talk to a woman because you want to hook up. Talk to a woman like you would some guy that just seems cool and see what happens. After you get past the initial "icebreaker" you can start hinting around and mildly flirting for awhile. Good luck!

• How exactly do you "hint around"?

• You say what you mean and then just act like you were just kidding is one way. Another is just say stuff that makes her feel good about herself. You could also try to whole "I wish I could meet a woman as (insert compliment here) as you are. I really love it". Don't lie to em, be respectful and honest, just pick whatever it is about her you like and fill in the blank with that. It's more how you say something as opposed to what you say. Of course there are exceptions.

• Make sure you talk quite a bit before meeting. Make sure they aren't lying or have some skeletons you might not like. Just be careful, it's far easier to lie online than anywhere else.

• I advice you chatting, yahoo messenger is best chat messenger, its my personal experience because I have got 4 chicks from yahoo messenger,

• Yea its just when I get there I never no what to talk about, I usually ask very basic questions like where do you work? go to school? and it just seems so lame and routine but I just don't know what else to ask

• try to get her mobile number during chat, when you got her number, then text her regularly, and try to talk on mobile regularly.