Guys help please! Will it ever happen?

I like this guy for about 2 years and we have a dance soon so want to go with him. I texted him one day and he got a new phone and didn't know who it was and when I told him he said hey:) with the smiley does it mean anything? He doesn't answer my text he'll say one thing and stop texting me and I always have to say hi first. Is he flirting with me if he says he loves his short buddy who misses youth all the time? Or if he tries to put his arms around me and my friend? How can I get his attention in a text message without it being awkward and so he'll text me more? Please help guys

Something to add: he was in love with me 2 years ago but never had the guts to ask me out but he's been out with a lot more people and I get jelous. He's defintally changed over the years. And I've never stopped likeing him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your actions have already shown him that you have some interest. If he's not reciprocating or initiating with you, it's time to step back. If he's interested, he'll come your way since you had already shown your interest to him and he doesn't want to lose it. If he's not, he won't. Simple as that really.

What Guys Said 1

• just tell him what you think, if he never talks to you again that's his loss. =)

What Girls Said 1

• woah, I don't know what to tell you. because from what I'm reading he really isn't interested in you as more than friends :/