Women: Why would you do this?

Why would you do something like the following? You are out with a guy friend to dinner. You've known him for a while. You mention things like "This guy from work confessed his love for me again, and I'm not into him at all. He was drunk of course. This is like the third time. One of the times I was still with my boyfriend so it was inappropriate." there was more to it but you get the point. "My ex use to talk during movies and it was so damn annoying." Things of this nature were mentioned probably close to half a dozen times over the course of the night.

Now assume this is out of character(after all, I wouldn't be asking if it were the norm). This is a friend who pretty much never mentioned anything like this in the past. It stuck out to me for the simple fact she did it so much. That's why its got me wondering why?

Most Helpful Girl

• she probably has feelings for you and is trying to make you jelous or get you to notice how much attention she is getting from OTHER guys

• Then she must be real immature, because this just PUSHES guys away.

What Girls Said 3

• The girl wants attention or someone to listen to her.

She's either really immature and believes that these comments will make you jealous.

Or, she literally just wants someone to talk to.

Don't read too much into it if it only happened one night. If it happens again though, then it's probably her way of trying to lure you in somehow. Obviously this will only drive you away, but girls do stupid things sometimes.

• this is what girls do when they talk to each other. She may be overwhelmed by the men in her life and maybe looking to you to give her some advice, or she may just be at a loss for some gal pals to gossip with, I wouldn't read too far into it.

• She wants to show off how desirable she is, AND she enjoys complaining. HOW ANNOYING. Maybe she' s feeling insecure at this point of her life (just left her bf?)

What Guys Said 1

• I think either :

A) She's comfortable enough with you as a friend to tell you these things,

B) She was trying to hint that she likes you. It might sound insane, but that's the feeling I get from it.

I'm thinking option B, I don't know why, it's not particularly logical (apart from the idea that getting you talking about relationships/dating may have gotten you to give her some info on your situation/preferences/etc.) but that's my sense.