Do abs make it or break it for you? Be honest.

So I'm 6'1" and 165. I'm def not fat at all, but I have a weird body type where I have long legs and a short torso. So its hard to get my abs to look nice, nearly impossible. My question is, does it matter all that much to you if your guy doesn't have a lot of tone in the mid-section?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, nice abs make it, but abs that aren't perfeclty toned don't break it ;)

What Girls Said 10

• neither. I don't care if you have one but if you do it's a plus. still, I wouldn't choose a guy based on whether he had a 6 pack or not.

• Doesn't matter to me.

• I really prefer a guy that's squishy when you hug- not fat, but just not all hard abs and sh*t.

I like the comfy-ness!:)

• Gosh you must be really skinny!

But to answer your question, no abs won't ruin a thing, as long as there's not too much flab.

• 6''1" and 165 lbs is about average. I'm the same height and 145lbs and I am skinny. I was 163 when I used to hit the gym and I definitely wasn't skinny then.

• I don't like the over defined look an a guy anyway, so it would not bother me at all.

• Abs would be nice, but no it's not a deal breaker. More of like a bonus if he does.

• nah. you sound fine.

• its not a must for me... just a plus.

• Abs? Who cares?

Intellect. Now that's sexy.

• as long as you are not obese or have a beer gut I would be okay with it

• LOL I'm sure your not as hot as you think you are either

• i said obese, meaning super overweight, and he said he is 18-24 so I would hope he wouldn't have a beer gut

What Guys Said 6

• If you can't work abs get arms and chest instead. Those are both really easy to build since you don't need a low body fat percentage to show em off. ABS are difficult because they require both diet AND exercise to maintain. I'm not super fit but I keep a flat stomach and toned upper body. Just use a little self control on what you eat, cut back on ALL sodas, and you'll get there in no time.

• Do you think I can add some serious tone to my arms and chest before the middle of March? And if not then, maybe the beginning of April? The only reason I ask is because I'm going on two spring breaks and I'd love to look good in the kajillion pictures that are bound to be taken. Also the April vacay is going to be with this girl I've been seeing, which is another big reason.

• If you're looking for a get fit in 30 days work out I'd suggest one of the popular work out programs going around. P90X and Insanity are both great ways to get your foot into the door for fitness because they take all the planning and guesswork out. They tell you exactly what you can eat, around 5 options to choose from for each meal (and there are 5 meals in a day) and you can do it in the privacy of your own home. Insanity doesn't require any equipmnt and is geared more on toning and fat burn.

• P90X will build you more muscle because it incorporates weights and resistance bands into their routines. You won't start to see abs until you reduce your BF% (body fat percentage) to less than 12% and you won't see sexy abs until you're probably less than 6-8% depending on how much abdominal muscle you've got. Another option is heavy lifting to build bulky, and not lean, muscle. Heavy lifting is where you're at a gym and you can only do about 4-6 repetitions a set. That'll cake on the muscle.

• From what I've heard, they're like perfect t*ts;

Not a must, but a bonus none the less.

• Toned upper body looks better IMO. I don't have a six pack, but have a toned upper body and I think that looks good enough. Well, actually I DO have a six pack, I just keep them in the fridge so its not noticeable :P

• a 6pac of beer can make you look like you have a 6pac

• I think bodyfat percentage is more important than visible abs or actual weight, between 5 and 15 percent is good, anything over that is getting to be chubby

• they are a must, most won't admit it to not sound shallow

• They are not a must for me. I am being completely honest, the six pack look is not that attractive to me.