Thinking about leaving the United States for dating?

I am a 20-year-old 6'3" Asian-American male (yes, that's rare) and I have seriously considered moving out of the nation to date after I graduate college. I feel like I'm being left out of the dating game due to my race and I feel that I must leave the United States to find love. The reason why is because of the media and it's portrayals of us in Hollywood and the fact that I live in Alabama where there's hardly any Asian-Americans (I was born in NY, just come here for college). Would it be a good idea to move out of the nation just so I could experience less of the stereotypes (yes, Nazis are everywhere, just more here)? Or should I stay if are there any other places in my own home country that are more accepting of me?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you are in college, why not try studying abroad, not to generalize but your Asian so you might just have good grades and I'm sure your school paying for you to study abroad wouldn't be a problem :P , but for an alternative , well yea...obviously , get out of alabama, I'm sure if you tried really hard you could find corners and niches throughout your town or college community where there are girls that you could mesh with on a romantic level, like you said you came there for college , as do other people so prob a pretty broad spectrum of people if you look a little harder

but hey, why not try moving up north , or out west, la, nyc, dc, if you have checked out youtube lately, the up and coming stars and who appear to be the biggest heart throbs are all Asian americans ( kevjumba, nigahiga, timothy delaghetto,)

so in conclusion, either just try a little harder and maybe take a more optimistic approach to your surroundings, or hey head somewhere else or abroad, what have you got to lose?

im a white male, a fairly masculine white male, but my artsy side tells me I would have a hard time finding girls I could connect with in alabama as well, but I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find some

im a rambler

What Girls Said 4

• Nobodies perfect. It's very rare people fit the stereotype that the media gives us today. You shouldn't leave the country for love, but to explore the world. If I could travel I would, and if you can you should. It's an amazing experience and you might meet someone just as amazing on your journey! (:

• Why not just try a different state ?

• asian chinese? come to malaysia/singapore. :)

• Move to Colorado.

The economy is doing OK and all ethnicities are so mixed up nobody really cares about stereotypes.

(Like 25% of the students at my college are asian-american and they seem to do just fine.)

What Guys Said 3

• That is quite a dilemma. I would say personally, that is would be a great opportunity to meet people by leaving the US. It would be a great adventure to be honest. But, have you explored all of the USA? Or what about Canada? For myself for example, I had only been out of the country to Mexico and Canada, but I have been to many states though, from Virginia, Florida, New York, Maine, Rhode Island, Arkansas, Nevada, California, Hawaii, and Ohio to name a few. People can be the same everywhere, but people can be completely opposite of the stereotypes too.

So this is what I am saying...work your way through the US first, and THEN if you don't see anything that your feelin, you can decide to go out of the country. I hope that helps somewhat man.

• i was thinking about going to mexico or brazil talk about ass

• I'm starting to consider that too. (I'm black.)