Should dating in high school be frowned upon?

Is it logical to date in high school?

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Guy

• No, definitely not (to be frowned upon).

Note, I never dated in high school (by choice).

So this isn't coming from some player, or immature guy that thinks about sex 24/7.

No, its not a bad thing to date in high school, but I would frown upon people dating just for the idea of doing so with no actual attraction to each other. Being a tool jockey with the tool Ms. Popular, isn't exactly a great date scene. Way too much drama. I do think that if you like a girl (and she likes you back, or is at least willing to give you a chance), that its at least a good experience. You learn compatibility and you learn what kind of girls you like and what really turns you off and such. Knowing these things are a very positive reason to date, as when you get to the more "mature stages" of relationships, you'll be ready for her and you'll know what you really want in a girl. You just have to understand, however, that dating in high school (while good for experience and such), also has its repercussions, such as the thought of going to different colleges. I think its a poor decisions for two people to go to the same college just because they like each other, without regards of what they really want, and what universities are good for them for their potential career. There's also the fact, that while you might be serious in dating in high school, you never know the true motives of your partner, since they may be doing it just for experience as well, or they may be serious for a deep relationship... or maybe just a fling. Avoid dating if its for a scene, or for anything other than attraction without sexual benefits. I say this, because if you're just interested in sex... then you'll probably have serious dating problems. Let sex come when it happens and don't look for it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• no your brain doesn't fully develop until about age 26. so no.

0|0
    1|0
  • it's a learning experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • no it's fun.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Logical? Sure you'd think so. You're learning a lot about lessons and life in high school, why not learn the ins and outs of dating?

But the problem is, kids are a raging bag of hormones at that age, and there is very little casual dating that doesn't explode into melodramatic relationships and their attendant crises. This interferes with other lessons, more often than not.

If kids could learn to date as just date, without all the melodrama, and if it was covered as part of the curriculum as well, then it might be more reasonable. Until then, it's a bad idea thanks to human nature. And also thanks to human nature, it's never gonna stop.

0|0
    0|0