Would a guy from a predominantly Hispanic family have a problem dating a girl from a predominantly white family?

Just wondering. Had someone tell me it's basically committing suicide because his family would never except the girl.

I'm aware that I misspelled a few things and forgot to use spell check. Don't point that out just answer my question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as a guy who is a first generation immigrant and from a conservative Hispanic culture, I can tell you, you will have issues. Its not all lost though, the thing you have to understand is that we actually think that white people don't like us or are xenophobic against our culture, so we are a bit weary of them, even though speaking for myself, I LOVE white girls, they are extremely good looking and to be honest more easy going than Hispanic girls.

What you have to do is to be nice with them. EAT whatever they give you, food is important for us and I know white people have difficult time eating foreign foods. Don't criticize our culture and actually be interested about it, like for example say that you want to go to South America to teach English, or you would like to go to a warm place. Also be helpful too, don't sit around and do nothing. No toilet humor or anything of that kind. Hispanic parents are very classy in that sense, humor tends to be conservative. Don't talk about religion or politics, verry tabu.

What Guys Said 10

• okay I've traveled all over south America and my entire family is hispanic, deeply religious, and some have personality and social traits I don't agree with but I don't think any hispanic family would have problems with someone dating a caucasian girl. most are worried about how educated or what kind of family do they come from, as in will this person be good a raising a family and participating in the extended family. it's actually really rare for that kind of racism, forget what someone else is telling you how the guy acts towards you will tell you the truth.

• would it be a problem if her parents are divorced?

cuz I remember when I told my host family in Spain they acted awkward :S

• i would suggest you, no to think so much. you both come from different family backgrounds. so don't try to listen others. I suggest you to visit his home. just try to know the family. and you can ask them to join your family on dinner. these things could be the result of past events or atmosphere in which one family has been living. But these things are manueverouble. you can change them.

• My mother's side is Hispanic and my father's is white. I could care less. White and Hispanic girls are equally hot. All races are. My mother's parents never had a problem with her dating a white man, and they are both first generation Americans who speak Spanish fluently. It just depends on the family I suppose. Your friend is a bit misinformed.

• Yeah, I thought she might be.

• I' m hispanic and both my wives and my current girlfriend is white.

• Not going to be a problem, unless his family is extremely racist.

• Not neccesarily, it depends on how racist or "traditional" the family is

• no problem

• just don't show them your id card

• Don't go getting a big head from this, but white girls are the most coveted among minorities.It's on a case by case basis of course, but for the majority of them, it's true.

• Nonsense. I'd be more concerned about your spelling.

• I'm aware I misspelled a few things, oh well stuff happens. Just answer my actual question not correct me on things I'm already aware of.

• What makes you think you can boss me around?

• I'm not bossing you around just making it clear that your statement was unnessary.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think so, I mean it all really depends on the person's feelings & beliefs.Im sure if the guy's very narrow minded & racist then he'll probably only date someone who's Hispanic but then he'll probably only date not just someone who's Hispanic but who's from his same country. For instance, lets say the guy comes from a Colombian family then that'll mean that he'll only date someone who's either from Colombia or from Colombia descent not a girl who's Hispanic but is from Nicaragua. Honestly, it all comes down to the guy's mentality because if he's not an ignorant bastard then he'll take the girl home 2 his family and although his family may not be ecstatic about him dating someone from a different culture/ethnicity/religion he'll make sure they accept & respect her because she matters to him. Of course it could be hard to date someone who comes from a different culture/background than yours but that doesn't mean that your just gonna X out every person who's doesn't share your exact beliefs/ideals lol. Variety's the spice of life :) people oughta be open minded lol

• My dad is mexican and my mom is white (Irish). I was raised to speak english and only really go to mexico for vacation. My parents both speak spanish, he taught my mom, and my grandparents had no problem with them being together. He jokes it was for citizenship though they were already residents. I swear you wouldn't be able to tell I was hispanic other then my last name. I am however dating another mexican, I speak very little spanish and most of his family doesn't know english. That is probably the biggest burden you would have to face if his family speaks spanish. But I just see it as a reason to learn the language you'll eventually need to learn the basics just in case.

• haha we talked about this in my spanish class today.

To be honest, Spanish families would consider welcoming White partners if a Spanish partner isn't available. I think it's mostly because of the stereotype that most white people are well-off and everything.

Black partners would be kind of iffy, but it really depends on how traditional the family is and stuff.

Don't worry about it, I don't think the guy would have a problem with it either.

• I am white and my boyfriend is Lebanese his family is very old school strict yet they have accepted me, its really not a problem as long as you interact with the family and help clean up afterward which is a very big browny point

• Well traditionally in Hispanic culture in America, if you are going to date outside of "your race", they prefer you date a Caucasian. I don't know why, but that is typically how it goes. I had many problems with this because I used to date a lot of African American men and I got a lot of crap for it from my family and other Hispanic men.

Hispanics are very intrigued by white women and their "rare genetic make up" such as fair skin and light eyes so that's a thumbs up for you! But yah, act interested in the culture, at least when you are dealing with your partner's parents (if they are traditional). Now, don't go around making it obvious that you want to fit in. Just let it be natural. If they talk to you about the history of their culture or a certain type of food, listen and act some what interested and please do help after dinner! lol That's a big one . Again, I don't know why!

WARNING: Hispanics tend to be religious so if the preach to you...hmmm that's a tough one... I typically stand up for my self since I am not religious, but if you did, then you would probably have a harder time being accepted so you might just have to learn to listen to their preaching!

Resource: A Hispanic woman that has been around these lunatics all my life! :D lol

• i don't know. could be a culture difference

• One of my hispanic friends told me that his family is not against him dating a white girl so yea