Guys, what are the texting rules you follow?

Like how girls try not to text first. Are there any rules you try to follow when texting a girl you like?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't follow any retarded rules and I wouldn't have anything to do with a girl who did either. I'm an adult, not a high school kid. Also, I'd rather call than text. If she insists on texting over calling even when calling would be easier, I'd probably drop her like a bad habit.

What Guys Said 10

• Smileys occasionally... but never more than 1 per text

If you're a guy don't put an "x" at the end unless you're getting more serious ... but if you must, never put more than 1! "xxx" is so feminine

Never text back within 30 mins... unless your late and she texts "where are u" lol

because it seems too keen, and you'll run outa things to say, spread the messages over the the day

• I never text too much, unless she texts first. I know it's stupid, but no one likes looking desperate or too eager. If she says a simple, "Hello, how are you", then I keep it casual here and there unless the convo escalates. But the biggest rule I have is, "A text is a just a text". Too many people consider silence to be a form of "loosing interest" or "cheating". It's quite stupid really.

• My only rule for texting:

If it's not worth calling about, it's probably not worth saying. Texting is for when you have to communicate but the place you're in is too noisy for a phone.

• Also when you're young and shy and nervous, you can say things in a text you might be scared to say over the phone/in person. That's why you get those terrible people who end relationships by text lol

• i don't follow any rules.

• proper english at all times.

• No, I don't like texting that much, so I don't text anyone before they text me. When I do get a text, I answer whenever I get the time to, which could be immediately or a couple of hours later. There aren't any rules or anything that I follow for it.

• I have the weirdest sense of deja vu in fact I think I feel as though you will tell me that I am giving you a sense of deja vu. But I think... you should... give that guy a smiley face, guys love smiley faces.

• None. Rules are bullsh*t.

• Writing properly. Think is my only rule.

And no smileys unless is my girl best friend I'm texting.

• i don't like texting so don't follow rules

What Girls Said 1

• Females try not to text first? You should let me in on these so-called rules for females if you have some time.. Seriously, I'm interested.

• I guess I shouldn't call them rules but more like text etiquette or something.. Just stupid things like girls wait for guys to text first (giving virtual chase) or reply message for message, don't send him three texts for every one he sends you, if he doesn't reply don't text him again and never reply immediately.