Can I get him to forget his ex?

So the guy I am dating now is still talking to his ex. They dated for almost a year and they broke up a month ago.

Our relationship is good, even though he doesn't try as hard as he used to. I know he likes me a lot... but at the same time he still has unresolved feelings for his ex. I don't know what to do.

I know they still talk and text all the time. I'm trying not to get extremely jealous or petty because I understand that she was a big part of his life at one time. I'm just not sure what to think or how to deal with it. I told him it bothers me that they still talk, but that doesn't stop him from talking to her. HE broke up with HER for various reasons but yet he still keeps thinking about her?

He makes me feel special so I know he actually likes me and I'm not just a rebound but he also does mention her name frequently from day to day. I point it out and kind of act moody about it; basically nag.

Today he said "At this point I'm stuck between you and her and you're making it this much easier to decide."

I don't want to be a nag and I don't want to be jealous but I can't help it. I just want him to forget her or at least realize that I am better than her and that he wants me, not her.

I guess I can't control who he talks to but I want to make sure that I do not have to worry that he has to choose between us. What can I do to make sure he does not choose her over me?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I let my boyfriend sleep with other girls and even 'I' can say you have a right to be jealous right now, but then again it does sound like he was a major part in his life and you seem sure that he REALLY likes you, he just misses how thing were at a time but I'm sure he'll come around. I don't think you should be worried, because he broke up with her (shows he doesn't want her) and he's with you (I'm pretty sure he know that and is happy to be with you), perhaps you should just give it some time and let him know how you feel about him and her He'll come around I'm sure. His ex sounds like she was an important part if his life and still wants to be friends but nothing more.

I'm sorry if this sucked

good luck though