Can't seem to read this guy...

So I have been dating this guy for 8 months now...It's a week til vday, and I'm like 90% sure I'm falling for him. He is so hard to read sometimes tho. I have always been "one of the guys" so I find that I can usually catch on to what they are thinking. But he's different, like 70% of the time I feel like he feels the same way about me, but the other times I feel like if I ask him for a committed relationship he would freak out. One of our mutual work friends casually brought up vday to him and someone else, and said that my guy hinted that he was "obviously going to get something" I'm just trying to figure out if he's serious about me, or just likes what we have going on.

What Guys Said 1

• At this point you really should not be "guessing" you two should already be in sync. The reason why there are still holes in your relationship is that both of you may have intimacy issues. Being one of the guys is only on a friend level and please correct me if I am wrong, you don't want a friend but a lover, right. You want to have a romantic relationship which from your question is definitely due. If he doesn't step up his game you should. Ask and you shall receive communication rocks! Step it up and good luck!

• Yah, I am hoping he steps it up soon, I'm going to see how vday goes, I kinda have something in mind that I want to do. I'm just so chicken sh*t to ask him about this stuff, lol.

What Girls Said 1

• ehh.. I don't see why it matters. I'm kinda in the same situation, been dating this guy for a while but we haven't turned anything "serious" yet but we both know that we like each other and that's kinda all we need. it could be both. he does like what you have going on otherwise he wouldn't have kept it up for 8 months, and he's serious too, or else, again, wouldn't have lasted so long. maybe he's one of those clueless guys that think just because youve been dating for a while means that you're in a serious relationship.. lol trust me. it happens