Will a guy ever get over that his ex dated one of his best friends?

I had dated this guy for about 2 months and we had become close and I had met all his friends and there was one in particular that I had a strong connection to, and him to me. Weve been broken up for a little while now, and I know it sounds completely horrible to think about his friend the way I do.but I can't help it. How long is a respectful time to wait until taking a step further? I would never want to hurt my ex, and I don't think I could stand it if he hated me for liking his good friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how serious the relationship was. If you broke my heart and my best friend swooped in to scavenge the carrion, I would never forgive either of you. Otherwise, exes are fair game.

What Guys Said 2

• no.

• yes.

What Girls Said 1

• There is no respectable time. If you're respectable you won't do it. Trust me, chances are all 3 of you will end up hating each other and you will hate yourself too. Turn the tables and imagine if your ex and your friend did this to you. Let me just say that the original guy would be better off rid of both of you and if you do that to him you will probably do it to each other too.