Hiding behind internet & texts?

I've seemed to have lost "real" contact with people and friends.

I don't call anyone anymore (I don't have my own phone right now but do have access to one).

I just feel like it's better that I keep people @ a distance because I can "sound" a lot happier via text (mostly email). I guess I'm going through a lot right now and don't want to "burden" any of my "friends".

It's sad because I don't like interacting this way, per se, but it's made it easier for me to keep distant.

Last person I talked to on the phone...I felt like I just sounded like a downer and don't want to bother anymore, at least for right now.

Does anyone else do this or feel this way?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes that would be me, but with a different spin. I'm also going through a lot, but it's not that I don't want to be a burden, I just don't want anyone to know I have problems.

• Yeah, me too. So, are you isolating yourself? Do you feel that doing so makes it worse?

• I know what you mean...you find out who your real friends are. Quality over quantity :) Good Luck to you.

• Good luck to you too.

What Girls Said 0