Texting over calling?

if a guy prefers to text you instead of calling does that mean he isn't really that interested in you? or does it mean that he just really isn't the type to talk on the phone or is he shy? I don't know :(

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people don't like talking on the phone, myself included, because it can have a lot awkward silences, forced smalltalk, and you can't multitask while talking on the phone. Texting is faster and easier, yes, but it is also more impersonal. So there's always a trade-off. I would say if a guy is communicating with you at all that he's interested.

The guy I'm dating right now we only ever text. And he only calls when he's outside to pick me up. So that's that. Good luck Salina. :)

What Guys Said 6

• No, it just means he likes to text instead of talking on the phone. I'm the same way. Plus... don't take this the wrong way, but women tend to not be able to shut the hell up on the phone. So you just want to ask one question and be done, but if you call a girl you run the risk of getting dragged into a 2 hour phone conversation.

• "and we could be on the phone for three hours not sayin one word and I would still cherish my every moment"

yeah no, its really awkward talkin on the phone, I hate it

• Although it's not as common with guys as with girls, some people just prefer texting over talking, for everyone.

• No I hate calling, I don't call anyone. Texting's cheaper, avoids silences, I don't like my voice on the phone so it avoids that.

• calling is better :)))

• I prefer texting instead of calling a girl I'm interested in. If it is an urgent issue then I would choose talking over the phone instead of texting. (Example if she's in trouble or has something important to tell me). I like texting instead of calling because I think its easier to mis-hear something vs mis-read something and every time my ringtone goes off I get excited to read her text. *Additional thought - I would rather see a girls pretty face accompanied by her pretty voice any day rather than just hear her voice.

What Girls Said 0