Any wise words of advice for a terrified girl?

I'm going to ask my best friend on a date this week, and possibly tell him I like him at the same time, or at least once we go on the date...but I'm terrified. Just thinking about it and the possibility of failure is making me queasy. Any advice or stories from your own experience? Anything helps!

Most Helpful Guy

• It helps if you force yourself to think about the possibilities of success rather than the possibility of failure, because as far as you know there's an equal chance for both.

Even if things don't work out the way you'd like, the consequences will pass with time. They always do.

What Guys Said 1

• if you're good looking then you won't fail

What Girls Said 1

• You go girl!. The absolute hardest part is right before you make the decision to ask, when he's right there and the time is right...but you have to assume that he likes you and that he will say yes. Expect that he will smile and be glad you asked. Psyche yourself out. Being unsure when you ask does not ease the feeling that comes if you don't get the answer you want. I would tell him you like him toward the end of your date, if the right moment comes. Again, expect the best. Your confidence will boost your odds of a better outcome.