Have you ever passed up a possible friend or date because you didn't want to go against your friends?

Have you ever met someone who you really had things in common with, but because your friends didn't like the person, you pushed the person away? Do you regret it? What did you do?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not.

I'm going to be the one dating the guy, not my friends or anyone else who's against it. Not that their opinions are unimportant, but it's not their job to decide who I like and who I date.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes! the first guy to ask me out ever. and I freaked and asked my best friend what she thought and she was just like NO you shouldnt go out with him. and I listened to her and said no to him because I thought maybe she was right because she had more experience with boys.and I totally regret it and this happened like 6 years ago and I still sometimes think about it. =/

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, my friends said I should stay away from a Muslim girl because her family would never accept me even if I got along well with her, and that sex would be out of the question.until marriage, if her family even accepted that idea with a non-believer.

Years later, after having known Muslim women socially and at work, I really regret that I didn't try to get to know this girl. There are things more important than sex, like loyalty and integrity, the knowledge that she will not betray or abandon you.