Who actually likes to text?

If it's a short conversation like "Where are you", text is fine. But texting isn't really suitable for heart-to-heart convos or for revealing information, so why do people still do it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. It helps me see what my thoughts are and are pretty good at keeping the bad ideas from flying out of my mouth and you can't undo them. I've told and been told long stories through text and I fin it better to get what's on my heart out there through typing or texting.

• that's very true. but does it hinder your ability to talk in person?

• Nope, I can talk as well as texting, I just prefer it under a few circumstances. Still, some things have to be told in person: "I'm pregnant" or "I killed your cat by stabbing him with a carrot" are amongst a few of those things' id have to say.

What Guys Said 3

• i like to concur, because I've texted girls that I've never met or even had a phone conversation with for over a year. I perfer to text because then I have time to figure out what to say, and think about how to think of better responses.

Most of all, because its free. I get unlimited texting and I don't have very many minutes, so it seems to me that's my only option

• i see what you mean. and yeah, unlimited texting is great lol.

thanks for answering

• It's just better to me. What makes a phone call any better?

• well sometimes misinterpretation happens and what you say on one end isn't received the same way on the other.

plus conversations via text take can take forever lol

• Never happened to me. I hate talking on the phone. I use like 40 minutes a month. lol

• I don't really enjoy texting or talking on the phone. I would choose talking in person over the other options any day.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it sucks - partly being because we as humans have lost human contact - come on sit down over a coffee or tea at starbucks or something and chat - I can't stand what is going on nowadays - electronics everywhere!

• I only text when I'm waiting somewhere and bored, other than that I hate it I don't see the point in spending an hour texting someone when you can just call them and say what you need to say in 5 minutes

• Meh. I honestly wish texting didn't exist.

• i prefer to text. it makes life easier and great for multi tasking