Is it possible?

If you meet someone over the Internet, is it possible to really develop feelings for them?

By that, I mean more than casual chat buddy but less than "love"?

Has it ever happened to you?

• Yes, it's possible.
  • No, it's not possible.
  • I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's possible, cause I did, but we only chatted through video. We were about 1200 miles away and in the long run you don't truly know the person till you meet them and see how they really act. In which she turned 180 on me and we never talked again.

I guess you can, but over the Internet people are a lot more fake and can often make up stories to escape the reality of what there life is in their current location. Over the Internet no one exactly knows who you are and they really have no choice into believing what you say.

Don't be naive, and think the situation out clearly.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, if you get to know someone and you really like them then you will develop feelings for them even if you haven't met them in person.

• It's happening to me right now, so yes, most definitly.

• yes, surely it can be possibe. it depends on you and the perso

n whom you met on the internet.

What Girls Said 5

• I answered A!

'cause it does happen! it's kind of odd at first but then you can't wait to talk to them and meet them.

You start to develop feelings, specially if it also comes back and everything starts from there.

Tho, you really have to be careful with who you chat with since you don't know who really is on the other side, unless of course, you video chat and talk for a long time over the phone and stuff.

And it did happened to me, with the only difference that he is the best friend of my best friend's boyfriend, so I feel secure of who he really is and know that he isn't just some pervert on the other side of the screen!

• i love someone off the internet and I am currently going out with him.and I am really inlove with him :] so yeah it is definitely possible

• It didn't happen to me but it happened to my brother.

& now he is married to the girl that he met over the internet.

But at one point I did like some guy over the internet it was a little odd lol :S

xo

• it is possible and it is happening to me now

• I know a lady who met a guy who lived in a different state on the internet. They met each other and started visiting each other and eventually got married. They've been together for like at least 5 years now. So, I think anything can happen.