Should guys or girls call?

Does a girl usually wait for a guy to call to go out on a date or do you girls call? If he doesn't call you, would you call or keep hoping he would call you sooner or later?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is just my opinion, but I think it's the guy's place to call. I'm the type of person that even if I am secretly attracted to the guy, if he doesn't call or make the 1st move, I'll move on. The same goes for if I get the feeling that a guy likes me, but if he doesn't work up the courage to talk to me or ask me out, I'll move on just the same. I just don't think it's my place to initiate dates or the first move. So if you want to ask a girl out, by all means, ask her out. She'll give you brownie points for it too. I know I would. :)

• In an age of sexual harassment, where men get sued, fired, arrested just for saying hello to a girl in a bad mood, Would need to be making ALL the moves! lets not forget men have to tolerate women who play "hard to get" or coy! who the hell taught women to think men find this behavior attractive anyway?

frankly women need to step up, so yes, men prefer a girl who is forward, who likes to speak up and initiate almost everything inside and outside the bedroom!

• I have no problem introducing myself to people, including guys. Even small talk. But when it comes to random romantic interests or whatever, I'll stay back. The guys I find myself attracted to are usally the ones that are physically attractive and in shape; those guys are usually taken or just too wild and cocky. So as far as approaching a guy and saying "hey, wanna go out saturday night?" That's so not my style and to me, that's being too forward, not my place.

• I agree, if the guy likes me like he says he does, he should call! Why play games? I would move on if I don't hear from him, so why get rejected twice?

What Girls Said 8

• I like it when the guy calls. Could be I have seen to many romantic movies though =P I think it shows the guy is interested when he is the one who asks ^^

• Because the gal occasionally showing interest is such a crime? It's rather disconcerting to see every female response saying the same thing -- that they're unwilling to express interest in the form of a simple phone call, and will move on if a guy does the same thing.

• Nobody said it is a crime. The question asks for people's opinion. Most girls like it when the guy calls. That is just what they are exposed to when growing up. Movies, books, "in the old days" stories from family. Obviously guys get nervous or wonder why the girl doesn't call. It is the 2008. I still think that the guy calling first shows confidance and interest.

• i really like it when guys do the calling because then I don't have to do it lol, and it shows that they have confidence in themselves, like the good kind and confidence is key lol.

• Translation: this girl has no confidence of her own, and wants the guy to do all the dirty work for her, its a clue how the whole potential realationship will play out....he does everything, she sucks up the attention and does nothing, aka ungreatful energy vampire and a lot of them out there

• Ohh and I really don't wait for guys to call me I see them at school and we just talk and they ask me to hang I say sure and we do lol I mean really, all I was saying is that I like it when a guy calls me and that that is the way most girls are.

• Hey you first two guys, just make the first call if you wanna date a girl. That's the rule of the game. You're the one that's suppose to have the confidence at that point. It you call that dirty work, omg what kind of girlor date are you talking about? There's no double standard here. I suspect that after the first date or two and if everything goes great, well yeah she can call too because by then you guys will have a better understanding of each other.

• I would wait for him to call me. But hey if he doesn't call and it killing you. Give a him a call ONCE, ONCE and only once or a text. See if he answers. If he does ask him if he wants to "hangout' that way its not said to be an official date sometimes guys are weird about dates. and if he does hangout then your good and he'll call if he had a good time. If he doesn't answer, return your call, or says he's gonna hang out and doesn't get rid of him. he's not worth your time. If he really was interested he would call or text or something every once in a while or all the time

• I don't think it's totally fair, but a lot of girls think it's the guy's job to call. Most of my friends wouldn't just call a guy unless he had called first.

• If a girl has a crush on me, and she doesn't show it.or tell me.chances are I don't have a clue.so what's the point in saying anything?

• Hopefully you step up and show interest when you're interested in someone. Too many women are left wondering why the guy didn't call -- but guys wonder the same thing. If girls are interested in us, why don't they show it? Then the insecurity starts. I'd say that a significant amount of potential relationships haven't had a chance simply because both people involved were expecting someone from the other person that they themselves weren't willing to offer.

• he should call, he is the guy after all. and well he has to chase you if he doesn't well then there are more men out there so move on. if you txt him or call do it only one time b.c I had one experience where I txtd the guy if he wanted to hang out and he said he did but then he never txtd back or anything so I moved on. but yea, the should call for a date not u, ur the lady hon

• i gotta agree with bunnielove on this one. personally, I don't like chasing after guys because I know that is what so many other girls do. I like to see guys make an effort to get to know me. I don't expect it to be easy, but a little effort is deffinatly nice(: unless I promise them I will, I probably won't be the first to call.

• Stupid rules! Whoever wants to call should just call no matter what.

• of course the guy calls for a DATE. its just nice, and attractive. If he doesn't call. id move on, if he doesn't have the courage to call me then he isn't for me.

What Guys Said 4

• If its first date, the guy always calls and sets up the date that's just how it is, don't ask them what they want to do, you have the plan, you call them, and if its a first date the guy should pay for dinner or whatever you end up doing.

That's how it is with women they are horrible decison makers and they don't want to make it, so it is the guys duty to make all the decions on where your going, and what your doing on the date, because most of the time the girl doesn't care, and if you force her to make the decision she will get irriated by that and say I don't care where we go anywhere, you pick, and if you don't pick then you won't get a second date trust me on that one. To sum up you make the call you make the plans don't depend on the girl for that.

• I think a guy should call or text at the beginning. but after things get settled they should call each other not just leave it all to the guy (that's messed up if the gurl makes the guy do everything).

If a girl wouldn't call me or text me at least sometimes, it would mean she doesn't care.

• Simply put, girls usually wait. I tend to make the first moves to those I am most attracted to. In a night out, I normally don't just get 1 number and call it a night. I'll get a couple and the ones I feel more attracted to are the ones I'll call. It's not that I'm not interested in those I don't call, there are just others that I am more interested in and I don't have a schedule to make plans with everyone.

I've had cases where one of the girls I didn't call, called me because she was interested in me. That was incredible attractive.

When you exchange numbers, it's a 2 way street. If you are attracted to someone, you should make a move on either end or else you just might be the girl/guy that gets overlooked.

• The temptation to rant is overwhelming! *sobs*

Simply put --They will expect you to call them.

Is this the way it should be? NO! Confidence is attractive in BOTH sexes!