Does it mean anything if he asks my brother for permission to date?

My brother told me about a conversation he had about me with two of his friends (one of which I really like) and the one has always joked around and told my brother "I'm going to marry your sister." But they all knew he was always just joking around. Then right after that the guy I like asked my brother "Would you be mad if I went out with your sister?" and when my brother said he wouldn't be mad, he went "oh. well OK." my brother assured me they were just joking around and I'd believe it for the one who said he was going to marry me but do guys really ask permission of the brother to date the girl if there's absolutely NOTHING going through his mind about me? I'm so confused but I really like him and I've been really curious...

Most Helpful Girl

• im pretty sure that means he has thought about it, but it might also be because the other one jokes about it so much he thinks its kinda okay to ask, and maybe he was just thinking about it because it came up at the time but from what I know generally it does mean that he's thinking of it =)

What Guys Said 1

• Me and the boys have joked about a lot of things over the years, but asking a buddy if you can date his sister has never been one of them. He may have said it was a joke, just to cut any tension, but I don't doubt for a second that he was serious.

What Girls Said 1

• Ahhh..signs signs...we all love them. Only time will tell.