Was this girl giving me an excuse to quit texting?

This girl and I used to talk A LOT (like for three hours a night on the phone if we didn't text)

She got a boyfriend and we sort of quit for a long time. They just split up a few days ago and I called her (had a question about a class I'm taking that she took) yesterday and we talked like we used to, just fine. It was only about 20 minutes but it was normal

Today though, I had another question, so I texted. I also brought up that she should come to the class (since she has to anyway. I told er that last night since the teacher wants her to get the stuff she left from when she was in the class). After I did that, she said "sorry but I'm fixing to have to go study. ttyl"

I wouldn't have a problem with that, since she has always studied a lot but her class is Wednesday and today's Monday...

Was I being too pushy? We haven't talked for months really (aside from like one text convo a few weeks ago) and I called her yesterday and texted her today... Was that too much? Was asking her to come to the class pushing it? (Even though she actually has to, which I told her yesterday)

What Girls Said 2

• Personally, I don't think it's anything you've done. She knows what you're like as friend, so I doubt she'd be weirded out you texting her.. I do think she may be trying to avoid you though. She has recently just split up with her boyfriend.. She may be reconsidering their relationship? Want to be left alone because she's still feeling hurt from the break up, or she genuinely is busy! The only way to truly find out is ask her directly..

• Well, they had a mutual split up (and she can't get back with him anyway. They broke up for a reason) and she didn't sound upset at all y esterday. It was a really good conversation

And another reason I'm afraid she was using it to avoid me is cause it was at like 5 in the afternoon

• She may still be hurting from the relationship, even though she might not want to admit it. If it was 5 in the afternoon then she may be tired, or maybe even seen or heard stuff that reminded her of her ex boyfriend, and she might just want time alone for herself.

• I'm sorry, but it sort of does sound like it. I don't think it was anything you did. Just play it cool for a while. Let her come to you if she wants to talk.

• If it wasn't anything I did, then why would she do it?

• Maybe is just confused right now and doesn't want to lead you on if she's not ready to get into anything.

• I don't see how talking is leading on though...

What Guys Said 0