Best 1st date ever, Why didn't he call?

Ok, I'll try to make this short - we went on a first date. We walked and talked then sat down to eat. He was very chivilrous the whole time, opening doors, walking near street, helping with coat on/off etc. Near the end of the meal he turned towards me & started touching my hand/arm while talking. Then he walked me to my car & asked if he could call me, if I wanted, and get together again. I said yes, I would like that. He wasn't sure whether to kiss or not & said so - kinda awkward, but we were open about it and no biggie.

This was the best first date I have ever been on. I actually thought I'd get a text from him that night. 2 days later I had heard nothing and sent him an email telling him I enjoyed his company. Then I did a major goof - the last part of the email said I figured he wasn't interested as I hadn't heard fro him, that I left with the impression he was and was curious as to why he wasn't. I know this was the worst thing I could've done, so please be nice : )

Anyhow, he emailed back saying he was sorry that was the impression he gave as that was not the case. That he has been in discussion with a future boss and was hoping to wrap it up in a few days. He had to get this done first and hoped I understood. I emailed back and said no problem, I understand.

It has been 10 days since the date. 6 days since his return email.I have not heard from him. It just doesn't make sense. If he wasn't interested, why would he ask to get together again? Why would he even return my email? Why did he say he was interested in the second email? Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your input! : )

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello,

Dont read to much into this, about a year ago I moved into a new area and met a girl, there were times, (due to work) I couldn't contact her for 5 days, I did like her and wanted to see her again but she freaked out at me for not calling sooner.

Youve mentioned in your question that you had no reply after 2 days so naturaly your expecting contact after 2 days, but the fact is you cannot be angry at someone for not calling you when you expected him to.. he didn't say when he would call only that he wanted to.

Good Luck

Chris

• Thanks Chris, you are right, he didn't say when he would call. I'm not really angry, just kinda dumbfounded and trying to make sense out of it. Also, he found the time to email me almost daily for two weeks before out date.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he wanted something you did not? Don't be down on yourself thinking you did something wrong, if it was ment to be it would have.

That does not sound like the best first date a girl should have, so there is a better one coming.

The best first date I ever had lasted three days, as we did not want to end the date.

• Thanks dadnova. Yes, if it was meant to be, very true. Well, it was the best first date I've ever had, but yours sounds amazing! No, we both want the same things and we were totally on the same page for EVERYTHING. He said he was very comfortable with me and he felt like he had known me for years. And, yes, it could've all been an act - who knows - I do deserve better : ) Thank you

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's just not ready for anything. I'd keep his number etc and let him get in touch with you, I wouldn't chase him and go about your own life.

I don't get the 'Can't contact, been busy' thing. he has a mobile, gets signal most places, a text takes two minutes.

I'd personally forget him for now and if he wants to know, he knows where you are.

Good luck

~X~X~X~