What is the typical rule for a new relationship or dating someone else after breaking up with an ex?

All in the title question

I mean typical time period

Most Helpful Guy

• I assume you mean how long should you wait. I literally had a love at first sight thing happen a week after I dumped a Girlfriend two years ago. So I went for it. Some people thought there must have been an overlap, that it looked like she and I had something going before I broke up with my ex, but I knew it wasn't true so fu*k them.

What Guys Said 1

• even though it's all in the title, I still don't understand the question.

can you date somebody after breaking up with your ex? I'm pretty sure people do that all the time.

What Girls Said 1

• I think what you mean is What should be changed or done in a new relationship after previously failing or calling off an old relationship? I guess the answer to that (never fails to work) is to give yourself time. Don't jump in ANYTHING too fast, it will save you a lot of time and disappointment.