He kissed me and broke up with me?

What is going through this guy's head?!?!

He goes to this school that travels all around the world and my school was lucky enough to have host them while they're in Australia. But he's leaving in a few weeks.

Anyways, we started to like each other, I saw him always looking at me and smiling and then we admitted that we liked each other. We started going out a few weeks ago and he full on asked me to be his Valentine and gave me roses and chocolates. Things were going fine, in fact yesterday we went somewhere to be alone and he kissed me! It was his first time, and the best kiss of my life and he smiled and did it again!

I was so happy and I thought he was too...he sure acted it. But then at 8:30 at night he calls me and says: I think I took it too far, I don't want to be in a relationship anymore, I just want us to be friends...

iv never had my heart broken like that! And when I asked him why, he said he didn't know, he just doesn't want a relationship at the moment.

I don't understand how I went from the happiest day, to the worst!

What is going on? someone please enlighten me on the thought process of a guy's mind! :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had guy friends that did the exact same thing and this is what they told me went through their minds:

"I was really into her and so happy she wanted me too, and then I realized how strong my feelings were, and then I realized that by caring so much about this other person I was giving her some control over my life, and then I realized I'm scared of doing that, and then I realized I didn't want to be with her."

• thankyou so much this really helps :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• My guess is that he likes you, but he's afraid of getting too close to you since he knows that he's going to be leaving.

The same thing happened to me. a couple years ago. This guy and I got really close over the summer. He acted like he was really into me - smiling at me, staring at me, making excuses to talk to me, etc. I decided to tell him how I felt, and I found out he liked me back. However, he was reluctant to be in a relationship because I go to school out of state.

The reality is that a lot of people can't do long-distance relationships. It hurts too much when you can't see the other person very much, and you also have this constant fear that the other person will meet someone else and forget about you (and maybe even cheat on you).