Why can't guys just be FRIENDS with me?

k BESIDES THE OBVIOUS reasons please haaah,

not only are the majority of females mean to me, they're no fun to be around.. I've tried but girls just aren't like me. :(

ALL of my best friends are guys. and it's not even what people assume, that I'm f***ing all of them or just trying to get attention, I straight up have more in common and prefer hanging out with them, just like one of the guys. with my friends at school it's like this because they know me well (like a sister) and know I'm not interested in anything more than that, so they treat me like one of them and I love it. it feels right?

but the ones who DON'T know me wanna get in my pants then get mad when they see that they're not gonna. no matter how much guys we have just hanging out, nothing sexual, then can't be cool with me or just FRIENDS WITH ME.

what should I do? this is a big deal because for the rest of my life I'm going to get along better with men. how can I get the ones I "let down" get over it and just be good friends with me!

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree 100% with TylerMMA. why should they have to like you if they just want to get in your pants? just let them be upset and leave. they can handle themselves and don't have respect for you, you shouldn't care about what THEY do or think about you. that's their problem, not yours.

• Precisely. Although I have to wonder if she would think a guy that genuinely liked her and wanted a relationship was just trying to get laid. Given, all guys want sex but not all guys want JUST sex.

• Yea, if that's the first thing they want then your just a piece of meat. Especially if we're drunk. And even moreso if a friend was an asshole and slipped you a testosterone pill plus your drunk. On that particular night, I'm sorry to say ladies all I wanted was sex. I have drunken Facebook posts to prove it lol.

• haha oh wow nice one.

What Guys Said 7

• Just be straight-up. Tell they guys that they're cool and you want to hang out--not "have sex" hang out, but "spend time" hang out. A guy who can't handle that is probably too immature to be a good friend anyway.

• I don't think that's even a good idea. Say you do end up friends with a guy you let down, he will still have residual feelings for you and probably try being friends in the hopes of dating you one day. Not to mention he'd probably get jealous if you did start dating someone else when he was there for you longer and as a friend. The only way you can keep them as a friend is if they have absolutely no desire to date you anymore.

• yeah that's pretty much what my question explained I was confused as to why about, re-worded.

• best answer =D

• Im not really following you when you say "I was confused as to why about, re-worded."

• are you very flirtatious, do you talk alot, does the subject of sex come up a lot in convo much as in jokes or other ways, I've got a friend whos a girl who I can't stop lusting after who is like this.

• yeah, I'm really open about my sexuality and have a natural flirtacious personality (which my boyfriend hates)when I'm talking about sex, just like everything else, I talk just like a guy would. I also am a really sweet girl so I think a lot of guys take that for me liking them which causes problems..

• 90% of the time guys can never see a girls round their own age just as a friend, I mean they will act as a friend but in the back of the mind will be either sex, liking the girl, being inlove, kissing, lusting or the fact of a fantasy of that girl being in danger and him saving her because he want to be her hero.

10% of the time a guy will see girl/girls as just a friend and nothing else.

girls can easily just have a friend zone for guys but that just how they are.

• You're gorgeous and most guys want you romantically (I don't blame them lol), it's just how it is..

• I'll be your friend. No sexual stuff involved. :) Sorry for not actually answering. lol

• You're too pretty to hang around with just guys. Dress yourself down a bit...

• Stop complaining and be content with what you have.

What Girls Said 2

• Hahahahahahaha you & I should meet sometime so we'd talk because the same EXACT thing happens to me ! I' ve learned to deal with it,build a thick skin. The ones you happen to reject have to understand that you're never gonna offer them anything but your friendship & well yes they'll always have feelings for you but if they really appreciate you for who you're & can deal with being around you w.o crossing the lines then I'll say sure keep them in your life because you'll see how throughout time they'll become excellent friends that you'd always rely on. However, if they can't deal/cope with the fact that what you're offering its only your friendship and are constantly telling you how they feel about you & pretty much becoming very annoying & sorta psycho (and trust me you'll get those lol) then don't even bother trying to reason with them & ignore them. Ik its hard because udt wanna be a bitch to them, but its better to stop talking/dealing with them than having them become crazy stalkers. I'm not sure you have a boyfriend, but I'll tell you that every guy I've dated always seems to have a major problem with my personality & specially all my guy friends. So you really need to learn how to balance things out & know what your priorities are in terms of what your boyfriend means to you compare to some of your guys, but it'll cause trouble. As for what everyone else says/thinks about you, f*** what anyone says. You know who you're & what your worth & so do the people that matter to you so why even bother defending your image/reputation when you know you haven't done absolutely anything wrong?! Truth is most of the people who talk sh*t about you & hate are 1) guys who can't get in your pants & only wish for a second they were as close to you as you're boys 2) girls who either like your boys & are jealous because you have a better connection with them than they'd possible do 3) girls who're jealous of you because you're extremely close with all your guy friends & whether you want to or not draw more attention than they do. Take it easy girl & learn to deal with all the negative talk & gossip because it'll never go away,it'll just get worse hahahahaahaha :)

• Honestly it all just sounds like excuses to me that you can't get along with girls. You adore the attention you get from the guys you hang out with and the fact that they spoil you.

The ones that don't know you think you're a slut because you not only hang out with nothing but guys but you also look like one (I mean that in the most direct/honest way possible, not mean). They won't be cool with you because all they want is sex and they are mad that you rejected them.

Get over it...not all men will give you the time of day.

• i rest my case.

• oh well honestly I was just going by her main profile picture I haven't really looked at her profile, but I get what you're saying & well yes its true that she should know the answer to the question lol but maybe she just wants different opinions lol.

• aaw kamilah you're so sweet. I feel like you actually understand how I am..

why does everyone keep bringing up my looks?..