Why couldn't he just respond?

I've known this guy for a while and we've been hanging out. He's really wishy washy and I'm kinda tired of it. So, I texted him basically asking him if he wanted to continue hanging out and I wanted a yes or no answer. I kinda feel like he's been stringing me along. Well he didn't respond and I don't get why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had the same thing happen to me by a girl I was seeing. I didn't really give her an ultimatum but tried calling and she ignored my call (it rang twice before going to voicemail). So about ten minutes later I sent her a text that said "I'll stop bugging you now, I can see you're no longer interested". I didn't know for sure if her excuses were valid or not (for hanging out), but I sure felt they were reasons not to see me. The ignored call was the icing on the cake. So a few minutes later she finally responded with, "I dunno, I'm just not feelin it.".

I think it sucks when the person you want to hang out with is too scared to pick up the phone and just tell you the truth. I don't like hanging around wondering about the person. Later that night she sent me another text saying how she was bad at dating, how I was a good guy, deserved better, blah, blah. But at that point I didn't care and just wished her the best, with no hard feelings. Hopefully you can just put it behind you without much bitterness too.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Its because you are not important to him. I would not waste your time an further

• Are you certain he received your text? I always worry when people base their last contact with someone on a text because they sometimes are not received/read for whatever reason. I'd send another text that says something like...Ill take your lack of reply as a no...but thanks for the courtesy of a reply. If for any reason the text didn't go through the odds are it won't happen twice..if he didn't get it he'll question the text...if he did and doesn't respond he is not worth it. Good luck.

• Ok. So you made a few big mistakes. The best rule of thumb for women, because we are so irrational when it comes to dating, is to always think to yourself before you do something "if a guy did this to me how would I feel". So picture you are just hanging with a guy getting to know him and then he sends you a text with an ultimatum". I don't think you would like it. No one likes ultimatums even already in a relationship. However, the first mistake you made was texting him about the status of your relationship in the first place. The fact that you can see that he is "wishy washy" is exactly how he feels about you. There was no need to hear the actual words come out of his mouth. So in the future realize that most men tell you exactly how they feel about you in through their actions and there is no need to get closure or justification or even hear the physical words come out of his mouth when you already feel it.