Can someone please explain to me what "casual dating" is?

I am apparently "casually dating" someone but I do not get what that means. I tried to ask for some sort of guideline, rules or explanation of what it means so that there would be no confusion but I could not get an answer. I am confused as to what exactly is going on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am going to surmise that it means there is no commitment from one or both parties, although it is still possible for a real relationship to come out of it.

This site gives an apt definition for it: link

What Guys Said 2

• I'm pretty sure all it means is that you aren't exclusive, that it's alright for the both of you to date other people at the same time too.

• You go out every now and then with each other and both of you are also dating other people. I think that if sex is involved then it falls somewhere in the friends with benefits category.

What Girls Said 1

• The guy is not serious about you he may be dating other women or maybe his meaning have something to do with sex if you can get to one of his guy friends ask him.